Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2016 4:29:18 PM EDT
Anyone used corbon's urban response 9mm load? I originally looked at it 8-9 months ago, and was wondering if anyone has tried it.

It's very similar to the Pow'rBall load - 100 grain bullet with polymer ball, rated at 1475 fps - but slightly different in makeup. My CM9 really likes the Pow'rBall, but the Urban Response is substantially lower cost, and I'm curious about this newer load as a similar option.

Fwiw, I've chrono'ed the pow'rball at 1292 fps out of the tiny CM9, 1375 fps out of my glock 26, and 1463 out of my glock 19; so I don't doubt the 1475 is realistic from a full-size gun. Don't know if the urban response genuinely matches those numbers or not.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you concerned with overpenetration?  Reducing the chances of overpenetration, and feeding if your gun won't feed HP's reliably, are the only real advantages of the powerball-style projectiles.
I much prefer their DPX line for carry.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
One thing that I'm curious about is that the UR load is marketed as a faster-expanding version of the powerball, which imo has to mean even further reduced penetration in the trade-off. I do have greater concerns with overpenetration than some do, and I can live with the 11"-13" typical gel penetration of the pow'rball; but if the UR is much less than that, I'm not real keen on the idea.

Top Top