Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2017 10:26:34 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Shield 45 PC with night sights and ported barrel. I've gone the Apex route with four 9mm M&P's and am really happy, they feel like silk. Shooting I can tell the difference between the M&P 9's I have and the Shield 45 but the trigger doesn't feel that horrible on the Shield.

It was shooting left and I noticed the rear sight drifted left (not overlapping, but at the left slide edge) and I managed to recenter the rear sight using my M&P sight pusher, so I need to get it out and check sights again.

This will end up being my primary carry with a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra Max.

Are the Apex upgrades still worth the $$ on the shield 45 Performance center model? Do the performance models have additional trigger work from S&W?

Looking for feedback and I didn't really see any other threads on this. Apologize if I missed other threads on the subject.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PC Shield 45 and from factory I was registering a 6.5 lbs. trigger pull. I did install the Apex sear and AEK trigger and it now registers a consistent 4 lbs. All I installed was just the sear and AEK trigger and you can order these a la cart. No spring changes or safety plunger change. Yes, I wish the PC Shield had a better trigger but it is what it is. After shooting the pistol, I feel it was worth the extra $105.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a PC Shield 45 and from factory I was registering a 6.5 lbs. trigger pull. I did install the Apex sear and AEK trigger and it now registers a consistent 4 lbs. All I installed was just the sear and AEK trigger and you can order these a la cart. No spring changes or safety plunger change. Yes, I wish the PC Shield had a better trigger but it is what it is. After shooting the pistol, I feel it was worth the extra $105.
View Quote
Good to know
Top Top