Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2015 5:39:29 PM EDT
At a LGS yesterday, I saw some Beretta handguns that were stainless steel?? and looked just like a 92 of some sort except the front sight was dovetailed in as was the rear sight.  Both sights could be drifted out.

What are these called?  How are they different??  I looked at the Variant thread above and they don't have any SS ones.

Yes, I know, I didn't pay any attention at the moment I saw them, moved on, and it only registered they were unusual on the drive home.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the Inox?

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-fs-inox/
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Shinny, yes, top and bottom.  But the front sight was a dovetail night sight.

Found something on line called a BERETTA 92FS BRIGADIER INOX 9MM PISTOL.

I guess the bottom is aluminum?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a Brigadier slide. They made them for a little while and were on the Elite II series. I wish they had them for all models. The newer Beretta model coming out hopefully this year will have dovetail front sights. Frames are usually always aluminum unless you get a the Steel model, although they are harder to find then hen's teeth and cost as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top