Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2017 11:45:32 PM EDT
Ever since I first saw the P320 with its changeable frame module it was a wish come true for me... Well after time has gone by a sweet deal popped up and looks like I will be finally getting my hands on one. This will be my first Sig for me to own (have shot plenty of them) and already have a list of things to want for it ( albeit only a couple items).

Its a fullsize 40 s&w which I will be getting a .357 sig barrel for as I have A LOT of that ammo and love it. Want to pick up the Apex flatty trigger for it but dont know if there are any other goodies to get.

Any P320 owners please feel free to chime in and guide me down this new road I am walking on.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ever since I first saw the P320 with its changeable frame module it was a wish come true for me... Well after time has gone by a sweet deal popped up and looks like I will be finally getting my hands on one. This will be my first Sig for me to own (have shot plenty of them) and already have a list of things to want for it ( albeit only a couple items).

Its a fullsize 40 s&w which I will be getting a .357 sig barrel for as I have A LOT of that ammo and love it. Want to pick up the Apex flatty trigger for it but dont know if there are any other goodies to get.

Any P320 owners please feel free to chime in and guide me down this new road I am walking on.
View Quote
I have the 9mm and love it, never shot a 40, but I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have two stock P320s: full size and the compact. Also have the carry grip module to swap in when I want. Like the guns very much as is. Other than a flat trigger, if that's your thing, I don't know of anything else I'd mess with. Full disclosure - I almost never change anything on striker fired defensive guns, so I do have that little bias I guess. 
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have two stock P320s: full size and the compact. Also have the carry grip module to swap in when I want. Like the guns very much as is. Other than a flat trigger, if that's your thing, I don't know of anything else I'd mess with. Full disclosure - I almost never change anything on striker fired defensive guns, so I do have that little bias I guess. 
View Quote
The only thing I have done with my Glocks is change the sights, polish the trigger components, and put an extended slide release on them. I look for doing things that actually improve the gun and not the gimmicky stuff.

I hear yah on leaving guns alone for the most part, never did the custom springs or stuff that could negatively effect the reliability.

I fell in love with the P320 (heck even the P250) system.. This is in my opinion a HUGE advancement to the handgun world.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Need help identifying what size this frame is, I am assuming its Medium but there is no markings on this P320 (fullsize frame)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
It's marked somewhere.  I think the newest gen just has a S. M. or L somewhere on the backstrap
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
If it is brand new, it is M size.  On the back of the grip near the base is where size would be marked, but some don't have the size marked at all.  It is very difficult to tell the difference between S-M-L even when holding them up next to each other and it is ALL in the grip - we won't be able to tell you anything from the picture you supplied.  My subcompact S has "S-S" marked on it for example.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The 320 will come with a medium grip from the factory. I ordered a compact-small grip module for mine which gave it the same feel as a Glock 19. The medium is a bit bigger and clunkier, at least to me. Also, which slide release lever do you have? If it is a newer model, it should have the newer one, as the old style will not fit the newer grip modules without modifications. The APEX flat trigger is a big improvement over the original I had. I had an older model, original 320 model and the original trigger was the worst. I got trigger slap and had to swap out the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Trigger slap is the problem that I think that I was having that kept me from getting the accuracy that i was hoping to get from the 320.  Traded it today for a Sig 1911 10 mm Tacops, accuracy with this gun is amazing!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Springer Precision makes a metal guide rod that accepts 1911 springs that only fits the full size models. They recommend a 15# spring for the 9mms and mine shot smooth and level.

Ended up trading for a compact setup for carry but I miss that full size setup.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Have the look and feel I want now, just need to get the .357sig barrel and its done!

I love this gun, feels perfect!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Talon grips (I like the rubberized) will help the grips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top