Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2017 2:04:11 AM EDT
Just curious to see if anyone on here has a P320 with a thumb safety (aka MA state complaint models).  I know someone interested in getting a P320 but really wants a thumb safety.  I've tried talking them down from that requirement but they refuse to budge on it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
OP I don't own one, and didn't get to fire it, but a fellow from MA did allow me to handle his at the range one day. The safety lever in my opinion is very well done, very "1911-esque"...very easy to flick the safety down without shifting one's grip or anything. I know some people don't like manual safeties at all on a handgun, but personally I can't see that this one would slow one down at all during a draw; split/shot times should remain the same I'd think for the same operator.

I wish that I could give you actual firing experience with the gun, but I kind of doubt the experience would've been much different than another 320 without the lever safety.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP I don't own one, and didn't get to fire it, but a fellow from MA did allow me to handle his at the range one day. The safety lever in my opinion is very well done, very "1911-esque"...very easy to flick the safety down without shifting one's grip or anything. I know some people don't like manual safeties at all on a handgun, but personally I can't see that this one would slow one down at all during a draw; split/shot times should remain the same I'd think for the same operator.

I wish that I could give you actual firing experience with the gun, but I kind of doubt the experience would've been much different than another 320 without the lever safety.
View Quote
Thanks. I will let them know about it then. They are used to 1911s so if it felt close to a 1911 type safety they will be pleased. 
Top Top