Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2014 9:25:21 PM EDT
So Ive had the itch for a .45 lately and I've been wanting a classic P series Sig for a while so I picked up a P220. It's a CPO model in the red box. I'm just wondering if it's a German model or not. Don't have pics yet but I'll describe it below.

G295 XXXserial number frame so made in 98-99? That's the only markings on it. No rail.
The frame has the separate breach block with the double roll pin. Marked Sigarms, Exeter, NH on the left side; P220, Made in Germany on the right. No markings or proofs under the hood.

Is it German made, USA made, parts gun?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If the frame was made in the USA, they are normally stamped made in the US.  As far as I know, all of the US slides are made of stainless and are marked on the left side, and don't have the breach block.

I am not enough of an expert to comment on the markings under the hood.

eta to correct stupid auto correct, should be breach block
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the frame was made in the USA, they are normally stamped made in the US.  As far as I know, all of the US slides are made of stainless and are marked on the left side, and don't have the can'tech block.

I am not enough of an expert to comment on the markings under the hood.
View Quote

Thanks. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Would rather have pics, but based off your description I'd say it's definitely a carbon steel folded slide. Probably most parts made in Germany but assembled at the Exeter plant thus no German proof marks. I could be wrong. I'm no expert by any means. Just trying to help
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would rather have pics, but based off your description I'd say it's definitely a carbon steel folded slide. Probably most parts made in Germany but assembled at the Exeter plant thus no German proof marks. I could be wrong. I'm no expert by any means. Just trying to help
View Quote

I appreciate it. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#5]
if you have the vintage correct and going by your description yours is within what I consider the best vintage of SIG P220s...German made parts, assembled in the USA, (if German made and assembled, it should have a two letter "Date code" under the chin of the slide and be triple serial numbered:  slide, frame and barre) the newer rounded hammer bringing the safeties up to par with other P Series pistols of the time and the beefier frame (for +P if you are so inclined; I don't)...

...still the better balance (I feel) of the stamped, folded and pinned steel slide and alloy'd frame...pure .45ACP goodness...

Bill
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a P220 that was pretty much the same setup.  Mine was actually marked made in Germany but had no proof marks on the slide.  So parts made in Germany but assembled here.  Carbon slide.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top