Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2014 5:38:44 AM EDT
I have bought Sigs since 1984-85.  This is the first time I have ever had issues. Recently bought a Sig 239. I had to order it. The gun was made in February, Super Bowl Weekend gun? The gun had a gritty feel from yhe beginning. Racking the slide and inserting mag just seemed a little tough. The DA trigger pull was horrible. The SA had a rough uneven creep. I shot the gun and it continually misfed with Federal HP. I dryfired the gun for a month and the DA got slightly better. Shot it again and still misfed with federal hasp which worked fine in my 226. Called Sig. Didn't expect to get the tun around. Was asked if I measured the pull. Told them no it's just tough and uneven. When I spoke about the jam was told  small guns do that sometimes. I don't consider it a small gun. Told them don't send it back with trigger like it was. Had to give a CC number in case in met their specs and had yo pay gor a trigger job. Needless to say not going yo be happy if I have yo pay to make the trigger like my other Sigs. BTW I have 14 of them and through last 5 are smooth as butter. Guns at Sig now.
jR
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks to hear. I owned a P239 a few years ago and it was silky smooth. That's BS about them taking your CC info they didn't build it right so you shouldn't have to pay for their screw up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Sig's customer service seems to be lacking in customer service lately!  
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Guy I know said they bent over backwards a year ago. I didn't get that treatment
JR.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hope to hear they make it right.  I hope to buy an M11A1 soon, and I'd feel better if I know Sig is still taking care of business. (obviously...)

Let us know pls.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a p229 SAS gen. 2 a few months ago and I was having FTE's every magazine within the first 600 rounds.  Called Sig, spoke to a guy named Josh (he was so professional, months later I remember his name), my issue was resolved and the gun was back in my possession 10 days after shipping it.  The gun has been absolutely flawless since- round count is around 1,500 now.  So if you asked me I would say their cs is on point.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have always loved Sigs....until I bought my 290. Multiple light primer strikes per mag. Called Sig and they said it was probably the ammo, but had never heard of the problem before. Really? Never heard of it? Maybe it was the guy's first day? Seems to me that it is (was?) a very common problem when looking on the internet.

The 290 came with a standard mag and an extended mag. The extended mag simply will not load any more than 5 rounds no matter how hard I try. The extractor chews up rounds like crazy, and it is picky on ammo due to the light primer strike issue.

I still have the 290, but this thread reminded me that I am going to sell it. No more Sigs for me, although I will keep my 229r.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
had issue with my 250 doing light strikes. called sig up and they sent me shipping label. got her back  a week and half later with an extra mag and never had an issue with her since.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top