Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2011 2:43:22 PM EDT
Like the title says, I installed an E2 grip kit over the weekend.

I finally got it out to the range today, and the slide isn't locking back on empty magazines any more.

Other than swapping out the hammer strut for the one included in the kit, I didn't make any changes to the internals; the decocking lever included with the kit wouldn't decock, so I left the original in.

I had three different magazines with me, and all of them failed to lock back on empty; before I switched grips, I didn't have any problems. I can try other magazines, but since they worked fine before, I'm thinking I may have screwed something up while installing the grip kit.

I can take more pictures of the internals later (but probably not until late tonight or tomorrow) if that would help.

Link Posted: 3/28/2011 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it possible that with the new grip you are holding the firearm slightly different allowing your thumb ride the slide lock?
Link Posted: 3/28/2011 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
That didn't even occur to me.

I just checked my grip and I think that might be what was happening. With my thumb well clear of the slide lock, racking the slide on an empty magazine let it engage.

Now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't feel to bad I did the same. It took a while before I realized it. That is the only negative in my opinion to the E2 grip.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it fits my hands better than the original P226 grip did.

I did fix the small gaps between the top of the grip and the frame; rubber mallets are handy. :D
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I finally made it back to the range Monday, and with my thumb clear of the slide release, the slide locked back just fine.

User error!
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I modded my slide lock by shaving it smaller... It barely sticks down at all anymore. I always have my thumbs high and can't comfortably shoot a sig without this mod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top