Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2010 12:20:28 PM EDT
Just got this from my local dealer:

"Glock has recently announced the following changes to their product line:

OD Guns will no longer be a part of the production line

RTF 2 guns will only be available for law Enforcement purchases once GLOCK, Inc. inventory is depleted.

Commercial pistols will only be available with fixed sights except the 34/35 which will be shipped with ADJ sights only

Might be a good time to get what you want before they are no more - email for availability"

What is an "RTF 2"?

Thanks in advance

ETA: Rough textured frame, according to Google?
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You guessed right. From what I've heard, it's pretty rough on your clothes if you use it for ccw.

Link Posted: 7/26/2010 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the RTF2 the one with the Fish Gills on the rear or is it the RTF3?
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is the RTF2 the one with the Fish Gills on the rear or is it the RTF3?

the initial run on the RTF2 frames had the "fish gills," but they were discontinued shortly after their release. they kept the RTF2 frame but went back to the standard vertical serrations. the RTF3 is a revised RTF2. the RTF3 frames are found on the new gen4s.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm surprised at the discontinuance of the ODs. They seem to be pretty popular, at least on the gun boards, which I guess are probably not representative of the gun buying population as a whole.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm surprised at the discontinuance of the ODs. They seem to be pretty popular, at least on the gun boards, which I guess are probably not representative of the gun buying population as a whole.

I was surprised too.

I really dig mine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I would love to have an OD 34
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got this from my local dealer:

"Glock has recently announced the following changes to their product line:

OD Guns will no longer be a part of the production line

RTF 2 guns will only be available for law Enforcement purchases once GLOCK, Inc. inventory is depleted.

Commercial pistols will only be available with fixed sights except the 34/35 which will be shipped with ADJ sights only

Might be a good time to get what you want before they are no more - email for availability"

None of that really bothers me. If I want a different color frame I can Cerakoat it. I only buy Glocks with standard sights as I prefer to select and install my own sights. The RTF2 thing is kind of a bummer but it's not like "LEO" Glocks are that hard to get.

I'd say if anything about all of this bothers me its that I don't like it when a company removes options. Options are good and the more the better IMO.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 5:07:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd say if anything about all of this bothers me its that I don't like it when a company removes options. Options are good and the more the better IMO.

i agree 100%

i liked the option of different sights, i liked the option of the OD frame, and i liked the option of different frame textures... does it REALLY cost that much more to offer these choices?

when i learned about these changes in Glock's product line, my reaction was, "why?"
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 5:17:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys

I'd like to pick up another G19 (black, nothing fancy) and I didn't know if this announcement would impact that decision.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd better go get me an OD G21 like I've been meaning to...
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife's G19 RTF2 and my G23 Gen 3
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
It means my next pistol will be a m&p.............       ( it was gonna be anyways....)
Top Top