Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2007 9:20:44 PM EDT
Looking for a good IWB holster for my 23?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 7:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Like many others, I have a drawer full of IWB holsters I've tried and discarded.  I tried the Kydex types and found that my body didn't like 'adjusting' to the plastic material no matter how long I wore them.  

Then I tried a Comp Tac and found it to be too bulky.  I decided that I wanted a leather holster that would mold to my body.  In addition, I found that I liked only one belt loop behind the holster to allow it to move a bit as I did.

After much experimenting, I found that the MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather with the $5 optional Body Shield gave me the comfort and security I was looking for.  Here is my G23 securely in one.

Link Posted: 12/20/2007 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a "low rider" from here for my 23.  It is a clip on so there is no threading through belt loops.  It works great for me.  When you call the guy to order it he asks you a battery of questions so he can make it exactly how you like it.  Good holster, good price, good service.
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been using this one and I like it....

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]

That is a nice looking holster. Thanks for the pic.

Quoted:
Like many others, I have a drawer full of IWB holsters I've tried and discarded.  I tried the Kydex types and found that my body didn't like 'adjusting' to the plastic material no matter how long I wore them.  

Then I tried a Comp Tac and found it to be too bulky.  I decided that I wanted a leather holster that would mold to my body.  In addition, I found that I liked only one belt loop behind the holster to allow it to move a bit as I did.

After much experimenting, I found that the MacDaniel II from Andrews Custom Leather with the $5 optional Body Shield gave me the comfort and security I was looking for.  Here is my G23 securely in one.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Coloradoglocker/100_1405.jpg
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Comp-Tac

Milt Sparks

+1

MS VM II, CTAC/MTAC, and the Threat Solutions UCR
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Goulds IWB holster. Black leather with a clip (not belt loop) Comfortable, $40. Conceals the G23 Very well with jeans and a tee-shirt.

similar to this one
http://www.gouldusa.com/catalog/showModel.php?modelID=89&line=Gold+Line
http://www.gouldusa.com/catalog/products/810.jpg

Only thing that is cheaper is the Galco Pancake holster... just as comfortable, but the weapon does come loose if you bend over since its not molded and is universal.

Link Posted: 12/26/2007 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I swear by the Blade Tech IWB Kydex holster. With the FBI cant this is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever had the pleasure of wearing 16 plus hours.
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Galco Leather IWB it has a black plastic clip that slips under your belt.  A word of caution if you buy it you have to wear an undershirt, or pull your underwear up really high or make sure its really thick material cause it'll rub the skin raw, also good idea to keep it away from the groin area cause that gets painful after awhile.   Suddenly you'll get home and take it off and you'll the imprint of a gun holster on your skin.
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I swear by the Blade Tech IWB Kydex holster. With the FBI cant this is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever had the pleasure of wearing 16 plus hours.

+1. The Bladetech is very comfortable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2007 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been using a CTAC for abt a year and had no complaints abt it.  I liked the way the tabs could be reversed to change the carry depth and angle and also liked the multiple mounting options.  I was also using moleskin to soften up the feel of the kydex against my hip.  I got to demo a MTAC for abt 5 minutes and that's all it took.  I ordered a MTAC a few days later and sold the CTAC.  A change from a 4-430 carry to a 3 o'clock carry changed the entire feel of CCW for me as well.  

scottMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top