Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2006 10:24:39 PM EDT
Any recommendations for a good OWB belt-loop holster that will fit both a G19 and a G34?

I'm not too thrilled with the Yaqui-style loops. And I did find a few paddles that were 'slide style', I prefer a belt-loop by far. I don't care all that much if it is leather or synthetic, though I slightly prefer synthetic.

Link Posted: 10/14/2006 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Any recommendations for a good OWB belt-loop holster that will fit both a G19 and a G34?

I'm not too thrilled with the Yaqui-style loops. And I did find a few paddles that were 'slide style', I prefer a belt-loop by far. I don't care all that much if it is leather or synthetic, though I slightly prefer synthetic.

Intended use?
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Intended use?

Carrying a G19 or G34.

[drumroll] Thank you folks, I'll be here all night!

More range use than carry, but definitely some cold-weather CCW.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 2:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
This one will fit all small frame Glocks from hoffners.com.  I have one and use it quite a bit for my whole 9mm family.  My only complaint is that the slide tends to rub on my benchmade when I am wearing levi's due to where the belt loop places the holster.  matt
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This will prevent you from being like the rest of use that have old holsters by the box full that just didn’t feel just right, and kept buying new ones until we found the right one that works with our individual body builds.

WAY too late for that. I have boxes of holsters for all of my pistols. I even own a  Thunder-wear! The G19 and G34, though, are new; the only holster I have for them is the goofy 'Glock' holster I've had for ages.

I am NOT looking for a dual-use IWB, so scratch the VMII and whatnot. I am just looking for an OWB belt-loop holster that will work with BOTH a G19 and a G34.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Again, for what purpose will the holster be used??????

Like I said above, 'More range use than carry, but definitely some cold-weather CCW."

Methinks some of you are reading into this too much. I'm not looking for a complete history of holsters. I'm just looking for one that works with BOTH a G19 and G34, along the lines of what Sgian pointed out. (Thanks Sgian, BTW)

ETA: Looks like the Comp-Tac 'Settable Cant' Slide model will give me what I am looking for. I love my CTACs, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
I use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC for carrying my 17 and 34

i10.tinypic.com/42s17v8.jpg
<pic from Blackhawk>

thanks!!  you answered a question ive been wondering about for 2 days.  (if the 34 will fit in the 17 cqc holster.)

:)
Link Posted: 10/15/2006 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2006 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
I use a Blackhawk Serpa CQC for carrying my 17 and 34

i10.tinypic.com/42s17v8.jpg
<pic from Blackhawk>

That has my vote, I carry the G22 and G27 in it.  Just practice the draw + button.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Again, for what purpose will the holster be used??????

Like I said above, 'More range use than carry, but definitely some cold-weather CCW."

Methinks some of you are reading into this too much. I'm not looking for a complete history of holsters. I'm just looking for one that works with BOTH a G19 and G34, along the lines of what Sgian pointed out. (Thanks Sgian, BTW)

ETA: Looks like the Comp-Tac 'Settable Cant' Slide model will give me what I am looking for. I love my CTACs, so we'll see.

Agreed, can't beat Comp-Tac for quality, price and delivery.  They are great.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I own and like the Comp Tac holsters as well. The settable cant is nice but does hold the pistol a little further away from your body. I'm partial to the Safariland 560 which is adjustable for tension, lined, and has a roller in the holster which rides under the pistols dust cover which allows the pistol to be drawn fast with little resistance. It can also be changed from paddle to belt configuration for around $12. The 560 retails for around $89 but can be had for around $50 from Brownells with their dealer discount.

Top Top