Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2015 11:54:25 PM EDT
I use the standard OEM slide release on most of my Glocks except for 20. On the larger frame gun the extended 34/35 lever makes it a bit easier to reach. I've noticed that the release is a bit harder to press on my 43. Probably in part be used its new but it also seems a bit more difficult to get my hand in the right position for leverage on such a small pistol.

I'm thinking of trying the Vickers release but Ive never actually handled a pistol so equipped. For those who have, especially on the 42/43, how much difference does it make? I find that the factory extended lever is too long for me on the 17/19 causing my thumb to contact it during recoil.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It's GREAT.  I consider it a must for the G43 (as well as the Ghost Connector and better sights).  
The OEM slide-release/slide-stop IS too small and takes some effort to actuate--the Vickers is perfect because it's EASY to actuate but not huge or obtrusive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]
We have them on all of our Glock's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My thumb rides on the G34 OEM slide release so the Vicker's is perfect.  It's the same length but it sticks out further.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have them on all my Glocks, but find it is especially useful on my 42.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a slide stop

I haven't gotten one of my 43, but I have them on all my other glocks. I think they are a great improvement over the regular and extended OEM parts.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
My only concern with the one I installed on my 43 is my support hand pushing it down and not allowing the slide to lock back after firing last round.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My only concern with the one I installed on my 43 is my support hand pushing it down and not allowing the slide to lock back after firing last round.
View Quote

That's why I don't use them.  I have big hands and don't need something easier to accidentally ride.  I wish that wasn't the case though because they look like they would be a nice addition.  I love the mag releases.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered one. Should be here next week.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's why I don't use them.  I have big hands and don't need something easier to accidentally ride.  I wish that wasn't the case though because they look like they would be a nice addition.  I love the mag releases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ran 250rds thru the 43 yesterday with the VT slide release installed. It did exactly what I feared it would do, stopped the slide from locking back every time. On the other hand I examined the stock Glock release and the way I grip the 43 the stock release would do the same.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I have them on all of my Glocks. Im a lefty and the broad surface and texture makes locking the slide back with trigger finger, so as not to change grip, works really well with this.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same issue for me, and I have medium sized hands. I've learned to rack the slide over utilizing the slide stop.
Top Top