Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 2:35:20 PM EDT
Got around to putting in the minus connector in the 42.
6 shot average pull with factory connector, using Lyman digital gauge.

6lb 1oz

6 shot average with - connector

5lb 7oz

Reduced overall pull weight by 10 oz

Was really nasty feeling at first (new - connector) and no where near the 6 shot average posted above.

After my usual lapping/dryfire routine, it has smoothed up, another 2-300 dry fires and it should be good to go.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing.

I'm still not sure I want to change mine.  I carry my 42 in a pocket holster.  I'm just not sure that I want I lighter trigger on a pocket gun.  It's very small and with added stress I feel a heavier trigger might be better for me.

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
A five pound trigger pull is not something that will go off by mistake.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A five pound trigger pull is not something that will go off by mistake.
View Quote

A two-pound trigger in a proper holster is also not something that will go off by mistake.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Follow the rules finger off trigger until ready to fire.  Make it a discipline that you never fingerband the trigger till you are on target.  Good holster also is invaluable that covers and protects the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I just replaced the connector in mine, too. I don't have a trigger gauge but I'd guesstimate that the trigger was 7-8 lbs. Smooth and crisp, but heavy. Reset was like lightning- all I did was relax my finger a little and Wham!, it reset. Very audible and tactile.

I bought the "-" connector from Glockparts.com. When I put it in, it was a night and day difference. The trigger isn't as crisp as it was, but still feels quite a bit better than a standard Glock trigger. Trigger weight is very close to a standard Glock trigger but a touch heavier, maybe 6 lbs or so. Reset is still more positive than standard Glocks, but not quite as positive as it was. Still very audible and tactile. I lightly polished it and the trigger bar with a q-tip and some Flitz and both are smooth as a baby's butt.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the new connector. When I test fired it, the lighter trigger made fast, accurate hits easier than the old trigger. I really liked the G42 before; now, I love it. A very worthwhile purchase.

Bub75
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Since ammo is expensive, here is aprox 250-300 rnds of dry fire after the first change of part.
This is freshly lubed with a 10 shot average, another reduction of 5.5 ounces, feels really smooth with a nice Glock wall, break is nice and predictable.

</img />

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Where did you find a factory -connector for the G42? I recently bought 2 G42's one for me and one for my son for his birthday he will be 26 oct 4th. I just wanted to add that so everyone would know he is a adult and not a child I bought it for. I really like mine and after a 100 rounds and a good cleaning my trigger feels bettter than the one I am giving my son, It is still new unfired.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where did you find a factory -connector for the G42? I recently bought 2 G42's one for me and one for my son for his birthday he will be 26 oct 4th. I just wanted to add that so everyone would know he is a adult and not a child I bought it for. I really like mine and after a 100 rounds and a good cleaning my trigger feels bettter than the one I am giving my son, It is still new unfired.
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/170386___minus_connector__for_42_43__back_in_stock.html

Top Top