Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 3:14:46 PM EDT
I usually carry my G26 in an Uncle Mike's "in the pants holster" in the small of my back and wear baggy clothes.  This is comfortable and conceals very well.  However, when I sit down to drive or such, this gets very uncomfortabe and the holster moves around and might eventually get unclipped, especially if I get in and out of the car alot.

I'm thinking that a Shoulder rig, worn under the arm would be the best setup for concealed carry that would be fine for sitting/standing/walking.

Anyboy know any different from experience?  or know of a good rig for the Glock 26 to carry like that?

Thanks
Mac
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I usually carry my G26 in an Uncle Mike's "in the pants holster" in the small of my back and wear baggy clothes.  This is comfortable and conceals very well.  However, when I sit down to drive or such, this gets very uncomfortabe and the holster moves around and might eventually get unclipped, especially if I get in and out of the car alot.

I'm thinking that a Shoulder rig, worn under the arm would be the best setup for concealed carry that would be fine for sitting/standing/walking.

Anyboy know any different from experience?  or know of a good rig for the Glock 26 to carry like that?

Thanks
Mac

www.survivalsheath.com  I have a couple products from Rob that I carry a G27 with when in the pants or on the belt isn't comfy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Everyday, I carry either a Colt Defender, G23, or lately a G26 in a Bianchi Tuxedo rig.  It's highly adjustable for length and carry position of both weapon and two off - side magazines. Pistol can be carried horizontally, vertically, or any desired position in between. Pistol in Tuxedo Rig hugs the contours of my body, and easily conceals beneath an untucked shirt, a vest, or sport jacket.

This particular model has been my daily preferred carry system for the past two and a half years. I find it comfortable, and convenient.

simply .02 -

paddle3
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried IWB on your strong side?  I don't think shoulder holsters are a good answer unless you really have to and I don't like sob for two reasons.  First it is very uncomfortable as you said.  Secondly, if you should happen to get knocked down or fall you probably don't want a hunk of metal between the ground and your spine.  I can carry my 23 all day at 3:30ish iwb, sitting, standing, walking, driving.  Very comfortable for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions.  I think a few of them a try and let you know which works best.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at Ken Null's holsters
Ken Null USH

I have one for my G30 (a bit heavy, but I'm still working on the rig adjustments)
I also have an SKR for my S&W .38spl and I like that rig VERY MUCH!

No accessories to clip on, but I keep my reloads in my pocket or on my belt and that works for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top