Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2015 2:26:23 AM EDT
I'm getting my CCW. If I try and carry a Glock 19, how hard will it be to keep it concealed?

I appreciate everyone's input, especially what type of holster they use.  I also keep hearing "Get a good belt." What is the significance of a "good" belt?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:19:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I do it frequently

ETA: IWB holster
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty easy with a good IWB holster.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm getting my CCW. If I try and carry a Glock 19, how hard will it be to keep it concealed?
View Quote

What's your definition of concealed?  Does it match the definition in the law?

Obscured from view is easy with a G19.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Try a belly band.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I do it everyday. I like aiwb. You might need to change  your wardrobe a little. No more skinny jeans and tight t-shirts.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Only had my permit for a week or so now and have successfully carried my G19 concealed both IWB and OWB (under a suit coat) a half a dozen times. Still learning a lot but the biggest lesson so far has been that it's easier than you think to conceal a holstered handgun.

Try it, and if it really doesn't work then get another gun!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#7]
A lot is going to depend on your build/body type and how you dress.  

I carry a 19 in a Don Hume pancake holster that I also use for my Glock 36 and have never had a problem concealing either gun.  But I also have a very narrow waist for my build and wear untucked shirts for the most part.  

It can be done easily enough if you find the right combination of holster, belt, and clothing that works for you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]
G19 is my daily carry in a DeSantis.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out Remora IWB holsters.  I carry my G19 & G43 in one.  For me it's perfect in that most days I'm wearing a T-Shirt in tropical weather and have no problems with the holster staying put (appendix carry) or printing.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I carried mine in a Milt Sparks Summer Special for 7 years until NYS changed the Pre Ban laws, and 7 or 10 round limits.  Now I carry a G26.  Concealment is a non issue in MOST situations.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm 6'3", 205 pounds and wear a G19 inside size 36 pants.  Unless your mid section is wider than your shoulders, you should be able to conceal a G19 under a relaxed fit, un-tucked shirt with a good holster and belt. By relaxed fit, I mean a regular shirt - not a skinny or tailored fit shirt, just a normal shirt.  I live in coastal Florida where tons of people where Columbia fishing shirts as casual wear year round.  I favor these shirts, blend in well with the population and can carry a ton of shit on my belt, if I were so inclined.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:15:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Good belt and good holster it is easy to conceal.
Do not cheap out on the holster and especially the belt.  Ask me how I know I learned many years ago to buy the right stuff the first time "buy once cry once".
6'1" 145# Comp-Tac M-Tac holster and spare mag pouch and and Ares Gear Aiges belt.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 1:36:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do it frequently

ETA: IWB holster
View Quote

this but a 23....  same gun really...

Not the smallest but definitely doable
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Only had my permit for a week or so now and have successfully carried my G19 concealed both IWB and OWB (under a suit coat) a half a dozen times. Still learning a lot but the biggest lesson so far has been that it's easier than you think to conceal a holstered handgun.

Try it, and if it really doesn't work then get another gun!
View Quote

A good holster and a good quality CC belt does wonders.

I have learned over time to carry everything from a Shield to a P229 comfortably and safely.  Practice and good equipment.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Most people don't look further than ten feet past their noses, so you don't have to worry about them. You, on the other hand, will feel like EVERYONE on the planet can see it, so you'll fidget around drawing attention to yourself while trying to not look like you're packing. This feeling will go away after a few weeks.

When I received my TN HCP I was very self-conscious about packing a J-Frame .38 for a few days. I now pack a Glock 17 or 19 every time I leave the house, and once even carried a Desert Eagle .44 "Mexican-Style" to the grocery store for milk and coffee. After a few weeks you'll feel like this guy..

Your Glock will become 'Dodson', because nobody will care that you have it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#16]
5'10 and 175lbs, I've carried a glock 23 IWB at 5 o clock for the last couple of years just fine. With my slender build I only print slightly in tighter fitting t shirts during the summer
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 8:51:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Finding the best holster for you can be a time consuming project, between doing the necessary research (like your doing now) and then dealing with potential wait times from your chosen maker. Add in the varying cost of some of today's holsters and it can be quit a confusing undertaking.
In the long run, you're going to have to do it.
In the short run, go on Amazon and spend $12 on the Glock sport combat holster.  Others have posted here about not buying cheap and, ordinarily they're right. This is the one exception. I am amazed at how comfortable and conceable this holster is. It's not 100% perfect and it's not my forever holster but, it's so good that I don't feel pressured to find the right thing right now. And at $12, when I do spend bigger money on a more permanent holster, I won't have any heartache about throwing this one in a drawer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been carrying for about 3 weeks. I've found it pretty easy to conceal my G19, especially with a coat. Open carry is legal here though, so legally it doesn't matter if I print or not. If open carry is illegal where you are, take that into consideration.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I've carried a Glock 19 for about a year now. Prior to that, I've carried a Glock 27, Ruger LCP, etc. Summer was certainly the hardest time for me to conceal as many T-shirts seemed to print a little too much for my liking. I'm hopefully going to give the XD-S or Glock 43 a try for times when the Glock 19 doesn't fit the bill.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Glock 19 IWB, a nice selection of Hawaiian shirts, nobody notices
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Wearing normal jeans amd tshirts its easy to conceal a glock 19 in my alien gear version 1 holster with regular belts.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I am 6' and around 200 pounds. I conceal a G19 no problem, a good belt and decent holster will make all the difference. I usually carry around the 4 o'clock position and for the most part it is very comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 4:29:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I have two different 19s that I carry on a daily basis, and can comfortably conceal them in shorts and a tshirt. Get a belt that isn't floppy and a quality holster that holds the grip of the gun tight to your body and youre good to go.

6' and 185lbs here for reference.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I appreciate everyone's input, especially what type of holster they use.  I also keep hearing "Get a good belt." What is the significance of a "good" belt?
View Quote

It depends on your body top and clothing. I carry a G19 with TLR-1 HL every day using an IWB holster (small of back). Standing up or walking, no problem. Where I have problems with printing is when I bend over when not wearing a jacket. For example, when grocery shopping and getting something off a lower shelf. I generally wear thick t-shirts with a long tail and keep the tail out and my G19 does not print at all when standing or walking.

I know this is a rationalization but since I live in a gun-friendly area, I'm not concerned about printing occasionally. If I were concerned, I would carry the G19 only in cold weather, when wearing a jacket is appropriate, and use something like a G43 in a belly band in warm weather.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Invest in a good holster and a good belt and you'll have no problems concealing. I'm 5'8, 170 lbs and skinny and I can do it all day. Learn to dress around the gun. It's very simple.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I carry a 19 AIWB everyday. No printing or issues
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I t shirt carry every day, around a bunch of gun guys. I can't keep them from noticing my G19, the grip and the magazine are too long and print no matter how I carry. They let me know that they know I'm carrying when I have it on. The much thicker G29 disappears completely though.

If you can get away with a cover garment in your AO or maybe have a more favorable body type, you are golden with a G19.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#28]
frequently carry like this, no problems
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll echo everyone else and say a G19 is easy to conceal with a good holster and belt.  I have good results with an INCOG worn appendix, or a TT Gunleather slim IWB holster around 3:30-4 o'clock.  During the colder months I just wear it  or a G23 in a Raven Concealment OWB holster.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I do it everyday. I like aiwb. You might need to change  your wardrobe a little. No more skinny jeans and tight t-shirts.
View Quote

^ what he said....except i've never worn skinny jeans.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Raven finally got my holster/light combo back in stock so bought that one. It's amazing what a difference a quality holster makes. And kydex vs leather...no contest.

Quoted:
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1668/24207325912_a5a7f06596_b.jpg
View Quote

What holster is that?
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Raven finally got my holster/light combo back in stock so bought that one. It's amazing what a difference a quality holster makes. And kydex vs leather...no contest.

What holster is that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What holster is that?

The belt attachment makes me guess JM Custom Kydex
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Comp tac holster, 5.11operator belt
Belt has worked fine but would choose a belt with a smaller buckle next time.  
5'4 180
My 19 blends into my love handle.  Carry at 3 clock.  
A good belt keeps it in tight and when I take a leak at a urinal it's not wanting to flop over.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got a uncle mikes IWB for my 19 and have been very satisfied with it so far
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I got an alien gear IWB holster for my G19. Its comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I recently switched from a shield to a G26. Its fine until I have to bend over. From the looks of the gentleman's picture above I need to find longer shirts. I wear large shirts which are tight on my chest and arms, tight around my waist because of my ass. 6' 210 pounds, athletic build.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#37]
5'09" 200 +/- lbs.  Daily carry a G19 either in a Brommeland Max-Con V IWB at 4:00 or an SRT Concealment AIWB at 1:00 under an untucked polo, t-shirt, or button-up.  Belts I use include a Wilderness 5-stitch, Volund Gearworks G-hook, or Hank's Amish belt.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#39]
bennnn, how can you carry like that??? So unsafe!

JUST KIDDING!!! I carry my G26 like that all the time. Makes carrying it so easy and comfortable!
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 5:11:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

JM Custom makes the best stuff, I swear. I really want an OWB to go with my AIWB from him. I think when it comes to the 19, AIWB is best for deep concealment.

I just got a Bianchi 57 for OWB carry and it rides nice and tight underneath a button down short sleeve. I might use it for open carry, too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I carry a 19 everyday AIWB in a Phlster Skeleton.  This conceals well under an untucked polo shirt or flannel.  I am 5'7" and 140#; so not a huge frame. The key is a stiff belt(Ares Ranger) and keeping a flat tummy.  The other key is not to screw with it.  That is the real key to concealment.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I am OK with my 19 IWB in an Alien Gear until I am driving. I have tight fitting bucket seats in 2 of 3 cars. The IWB option is a little uncomfortable at that time. OWB Alien Gear, not much of a problem even in the buckets. Regular chairs, benches, couches, office chair, all work fine with IWB.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good belt offers goo resistance on the draw and in the offers good stability to keep the gun in one spot and tight against your body to conceal better.  

I have carried a 23 (same gun) different caliber for 15 years in a HBE leather works COM III IWB with a Beltman Belt.  

Disappears
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm 5'11 225lbs

It's pretty easy
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I carry a 17 IWB in an AlienGear holster on a 5.11 1.75" belt and it conceals great under even something like a tshirt. I carry it at the 3:30 position.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I carry a 19 whenver in everyday clothes. Easy if you don't wear very tight clothes. Appendix is my preference.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#48]
I know i'll catch hell but i have been carrying everyday all day, even around the house, my g19 with a cheap blackhawk $10.00 pouch type holster, yes really cheap, but it was my first holster, for a different, but similarly sized gun. It just kinda grew on me and works, never had an issue. Its soft, so its comfortable, its only got one clip in the middle, but it has been secure even when crawling around working under vehicles, yard work, playing with my two year old. Sturdy belt, jeans and just regular old t-shirts. When i said all day, its from when i get dressed till i strip to get ready for bed.  

Pros:
Light
Easy on/off
Low bulk
Soft

Cons:
Belt and body tension is what keeps the gun secure, ie no kydex "click"
Only one belt clip
Rides just a tad low in the pants(could be positive i guess)
ETA---you wont be easily reholstering, definetly an issue i think about at times

Find what works for you and WEAR it ALWAYS!
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#49]
I carry the equivalent of a g17/22 with my XDm 4.5 and have no problems. Im 6'2 195#  if that helps
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#50]
First gun I carried was a G34.  IWB in an Mtac. No one noticed.  

Currently conceal the G19.  OWB in a Raven w/ thumb break and a weapon light.  No one notices under any t-shirt or polo.  

I still have the IWB, setup for the 19 now, but rarely use it.  I prefer being able to get a full grip on the gun now before clearing the holster.  If I was still new to carry and paranoid, or it was illegal to print in my state, I might still go deep concealment with the IWB.  You learn that no one is paying attention.  Get a good belt and holster,  squat down to pick stuff up instead of bending,  blade your gun-side away from people when reaching up,  and don't play with or adjust the rig around people.  No one will even look up from their phones to notice you or your gun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top