Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2015 10:48:52 PM EDT
I just picked up a s&w model 66-4.

I'm looking for an iwb holster for it. I'm thinking I would like one where the cylinder rides just above the belt. What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry my 2.5" in a Blade-Tech Nano & love it; they make it for a 4" but the cylinder does not ride above the belt line with them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I carry my 2.5" in a Blade-Tech Nano & love it; they make it for a 4" but the cylinder does not ride above the belt line with them.
View Quote

I am not sure you will find one that would ride that high with out getting it custom made.

Can I ask, why do you want it to ride so high?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
  I am not sure you will find one that would ride that high with out getting it custom made.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't want it to either but to each his own. I would probably stick with either a 2.5 or 3 inch for carry though so there is that.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a 5" barrel?  

NIce.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not dead set on having it ride that high. I just thought it might be more comfortable because the cylinder is fairly wide. I am open to all suggestions.

It's a 4 inch barrel.

Those privateers looks awesome!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Adjustable height, not really that wide....

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Kramer and Milt Sparks make them as well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Back when real lawmen carried revolvers, I really liked the Bianchi Pistol Pocket for IWB carry with a 4 inch.  The leather was easy on you given all of the angles on the revolver.  If it was blued, I'd look toward kydex, but with stainless, leather doesn't present a problem.  As I near retirement, I appreciate the plastic fantasics.  But I'll tell you there is one armed robbery suspect that is still alive because he surrendered when he saw the cylinder rotate as I staged the trigger......and they did swing nice when the bad guy got too close.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#10]
IWB Alien Gear 2.0 for my 4" S&W Model 65 worn at the 4 o'clock position here.  Very comfortable sitting in automobile or on motorcycle.  Superb concealment with good belt.  I have used Alien Gear almost exclusively for my IWB carry of my wheel guns for for over a year with great results.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those privateers looks awesome!
View Quote

Leather is going to make that too thick to carry for any  more than a once in a while novelty carry. I suggest kydex always for IWB, leather is for carry rig picture threads.  

Top Top