Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2015 5:13:43 PM EDT
Talking about motorcycles of course. I think an IWB would possibly print if not blatantly uncover with the wind flapping. I do have my pocket 442 but that would not be accessible unless I stood up.

Miami rig?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Chest pocket, inside or outside depending on the jacket or across the chest in a 5.11 select carry sling bag.

Of course I'm wearing actual gear, not a pirate vest.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
So you are carrying unholstered in your jacket pocket or do you use a holster
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So you are carrying unholstered in your jacket pocket or do you use a holster
View Quote

Pocket holster.  It's a snug fit and doesn't move around in my chest pocket.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Roger that. I will have to inspect my jackets and see what storage options they have. Of course sometimes I wear a hoody as well
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I know some people carry AIWB on motorcycles so that they don't land on their firearm in case of an accident.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Appendix is out of the question for riding a crotch rocket. A shoulder rig seems the most reasonable for my application. I physicial snap strap to retain the gun. No discomfort while sitting.

I guess the question is who makes a good shoulder rig. Galco wants an arm and a leg, no pun
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Vertical A shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I still use IWB with a zipped up and vented leather jacket.  No problem with printing or having it fly up.  Once I get where I'm going the jacket comes off and I still have the IWB under a T shirt and jeans.  Even in Houston with the venting, it is tolerable in August (if you drink plenty of water) and very comfortable in the fall and spring.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]
With a shoulder holster most will fall forward when you bend over, like in your riding position.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been wondering this aswell. I had thought a shoulder rig, but not being able to take the jacket off when making stops won't work. I was contemplating maybe getting a belly band for my Shield, but I don't know how hot that would get riding around.

In for suggestions aswell
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Same as off the bike: IWB with a Comp-Tac MTAC or Infidel Ultra, but unlike a lot of riders I actually wear gear so it's completely covered by a jacket.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
J Frame in the pocket but am considering going with an ankle holster when on the bike.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Before switching to AIWB I used a shoulder holster and just wore in under my shirt but over my undershirt, not the best concealment with a G17 but good enough on long trips.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never been a fan of shoulder rigs and prefer Kramer IWB holsters or pancake style OWB with a forward can't. On long trips on the bike it just got uncomfortable an it bugged the wife's leg. I bought a Galco Executive Companion last year before Sturgis for my 442. Wore it all 1200 miles out and 1200 miles back and a lot in between. Love it for riding. Very comfortable, concealable and accessible while on the bike.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I run the same IWB as I do for other activities.  I wear a heavy jacket though, so there's no big flapping/printing issue.  I restrict my riding to the 32F (and sunny) to 85F (and cloudy) range though (take another 5F off either end for unfavorable Sun/Cloud conditions as I don't want to die hitting ice, nor do I wish to die of heatstroke).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top