Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 11:59:53 PM EDT
Just received mine for a G22 and I'm not sure what to think about the unlocking mechanism. Typical top quality from safariland.

Anyone use one?
It also rides lower than I'm used to.
I'm on a mission to outfit myself with a holster or two for each handgun and at $34/shipped, it bought I'd try out the new mechanism.
Discuss

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Brad, can you take a few pics of it?  I'm really interested in them as well.

Do you have any of the ALS holsters?  How does it compare as far as getting a gun out quick?  Does it lock the same way and just have a different release location?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brad, can you take a few pics of it?  I'm really interested in them as well.

Do you have any of the ALS holsters?  How does it compare as far as getting a gun out quick?  Does it lock the same way and just have a different release location?

Thanks
View Quote

just saw this for some reason. I don't have an ALS. I'll post some pics
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The Chief at the PD I work for got a GLS holster from a local uniform shop to try out. Keep in mind, I played with it for all of about 5 minutes. It wasn't on a belt, I was just holding it and playing with it.

I honestly don't know about this holster. I think I like it, but I'm not sure yet. The release paddle was really stiff and required very little movement to disengage. It took so little movement that I can see bumping it on the female part of a seat belt and unlocking the holster. The gun did click in very well when holstering and seemed pretty secure. I can't see carrying it as a CCW holster because of the size. Open carry, OK, but too big for CCW IMHO. If we still have it, I'm going to ask and see if I can take it out to actually shoot with it next time I go to the range. If I like it, I may get a paddle version for quick on, quick off for off duty use in the event I get called in, but I need to play with it first.

I will say that I initially didn't like the ALS system the first time I tried it, either. It has grown on me and when I buy a new holster for my new G19 duty gun, it's going to be an ALS holster, if I can find one. The GLS system may grow on me, too, but like I said, I need to play with it first.

Bub75
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the holster from work and have been playing with it. I'll start a new thread for my review.

Bub75
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quite fond of the one I have.  Review
Top Top