Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2014 9:34:34 PM EDT
I'm looking at this holster from 'stayholstered1' on ebay. Seems like it's a legit product based on his feedback there and the style that he makes them.

I carry mainly in a Don Hume H715OT with my G19, and a very similar leather model with my S&W Shield. Was considering a Kydex version to help thin it out a little bit because the leather can make it pretty bulky. I've used an MTAC in the past with my G19 but I really enjoy the convenience of the easy on/off that this style provides.

Anyone have any experience with this seller's product?

Design I'm looking at:

Don Hume that I use now:
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a cheap "30 dollar holster" (thats what it's actually called) from the glockstore that looks just like it. I like it and it works fine for me
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you thought about an offset holster?  I have a leather offset clip and I enjoy it. Comfort and style of leather, thinner like kydex

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
What position are you carrying
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a galco kydex for my g19 that is just like the one in the first picture.  It's my go to holster and love it
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to mention, I carry at around 3:30-4:30ish. Not directly on my hip bone but a little behind and canted forward a bit.

I went ahead and ordered it. Will work with it and see how it does.

Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a single clip, ultra-thin kydex holster from FIST. I use it AIWB for my j-frame(s).

FWIW: I have had poor success using holsters with a single plastic clip like you posted. The metal one just seems to have more "spring" to it and the thinness of the metal vs plastic makes the little tab thingy on the clip really positively click in under the belt. The plastic retention tab thingy never grabbed the belt as well. The plastic clip holster was a CCC Shaggy. Since switching out the clip for the two loops it is a GREAT AIWB rig.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
My iwb with light holster.

originally came with the clip.

Found it to be unreliable.

Swapped it with pull the dot RCS loops, previous holes from getting the right cant.

Adjustable height and prefer 2 loops over 1.

Main reason why I chose a garage builder (not the same as OP mentioned) was b/c the major shops that make kydex don't for G19/APL combo.

gl ymmv.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Swapped it with pull the dot RCS loops, previous holes from getting the right cant.

Main reason why I chose a garage builder (not the same as OP mentioned) was b/c the major shops that make kydex don't for G19/APL combo.

gl ymmv.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd447/arcadianphotos/Public/PhotoJun12120307PM.jpg
View Quote

Same loops I put on my Shaggy. Nicely done.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

gl ymmv.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd447/arcadianphotos/Public/PhotoJun12120307PM.jpg
View Quote

Can you post a picture of the holster? I'm looking to get something like that for my Glock 17 with a surefire
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm out of town in a ban state, I'll post the full holster when i get back.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#11]
The one you posted is a poor pressing. Better holsters out there from many places.

I personally like a single soft loop and strut, but I carry AIWB and like to be able to cant the gun when I sit. Carrying in the back, I dont think the single hard loop would be a bad choice.

curious to see the pistol/light combo to see if it is made as small as mine are. I always like seeing others designs and thought process.

*edited as I didnt want it to seem like I was trying to sell you my stuff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got a couple Crossbreed Quik-clip (hybrid leather/kydex) holsters set up with high cant for more rearward carry, they work fine for me.

Not my pic:

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I roll my own...

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm looking at this holster from 'stayholstered1' on ebay. Seems like it's a legit product based on his feedback there and the style that he makes them.

I carry mainly in a Don Hume H715OT with my G19, and a very similar leather model with my S&W Shield. Was considering a Kydex version to help thin it out a little bit because the leather can make it pretty bulky. I've used an MTAC in the past with my G19 but I really enjoy the convenience of the easy on/off that this style provides.

Anyone have any experience with this seller's product?

Design I'm looking at:
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/1526813_452415914864631_1483410227_n.jpg

Don Hume that I use now:
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/497/497420.jpg
View Quote

Don't like the Hume IWB at all!  Could be better designed .

You might look at JM V #3 IWB. Tony makes a excellent holsters.

I have one for my HK P30S EXCEPT I made changes. pull dot loops  and zero cant.

Yes since the 80`s I've always  preferred simple fold over IWB with pull the dot loops
Only thing changed was in 2005 when I switch to Kydex

BTW Bladetech has Cheap but quality PHANTOM IWB holster for the G19. last time I looked they were under 30 bucks
I think they come only with pull the dot loops. in my case that's a good thing. LOL

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

gl ymmv.

View Quote

I tried them in the past and like you I  found them unreliable.

Also for 4inch and under compact pistol  with the right height , I only use Straight Drop IWB holsters.
I also only carry at AIWB or 3:00
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The one you posted is a poor pressing. Better holsters out there from many places.

I personally like a single soft loop and strut, but I carry AIWB and like to be able to cant the gun when I sit. Carrying in the back, I dont think the single hard loop would be a bad choice.

curious to see the pistol/light combo to see if it is made as small as mine are. I always like seeing others designs and thought process.

View Quote

I like the way your pistol with a light holsters look, soon as I pick up a Surefire x300u I'll be contacting you about a holster
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I like the way your pistol with a light holsters look, soon as I pick up a Surefire x300u I'll be contacting you about a holster
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Not a fan of belt clips personally due to reliability of keeping the holster on the belt. I will say the quality of that holster looks nice from here, just don't like the attachment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not a fan of belt clips personally due to reliability of keeping the holster on the belt. I will say the quality of that holster looks nice from here, just don't like the attachment.
View Quote

See the horn at the ends of the sight channel? The unevenness at the end of the muzzle? If they would get a tight edge at the base of the frame/trigger guard they could move those screws closer to that area allowing for a angle cut instead of right angle to not poke you. Also is no reason not to do adjustable retention in that style holster.
Just the little things, that need worked on. It will function no doubt about it, those are just the things I notice right off the bat as someone that is a maker.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
See the horn at the ends of the sight channel? The unevenness at the end of the muzzle? If they would get a tight edge at the base of the frame/trigger guard they could move those screws closer to that area allowing for a angle cut instead of right angle to not poke you. Also is no reason not to do adjustable retention in that style holster.

Just the little things, that need worked on. It will function no doubt about it, those are just the things I notice right off the bat as someone that is a maker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How would you prevent that horn?  I thought people just sand it off.  I agree on the rest.

Eta:  I would also be curious how you would fix the press issue.  Different foam or more press pressure? Mine look like that but I only used "medium" def foam and pressed it with one hand clamp and sitting on the other side.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Build what is known as a cb press. It is a vertical press for doing taco style holsters. Put as much downward pressure as you can while closing the wings. You may still get a small amount, that little bit can be angle cut off
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've got a couple Crossbreed Quik-clip (hybrid leather/kydex) holsters set up with high cant for more rearward carry, they work fine for me.

Not my pic:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/attachments/concealed-carry-discussion/5151d1332274646-single-clip-iwb-holster-img_0945.jpg
View Quote

I can't believe that you haven't tried Making your own holsters.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my pic:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/attachments/concealed-carry-discussion/5151d1332274646-single-clip-iwb-holster-img_0945.jpg

I've done a couple sheaths and such, and the holsters I've got fit like I want.
If I had more handguns that I carried, I might get into it, but I've only got 3 guns that I carry depending on dress, and a 4" revolver sometimes in the woods. and a couple holsters for each.
Plus there are some guys here that do a better job than I could for decent prices and quick turnaround

(goodmedicine did my last holster/mag carrier for my MP45 with Inforce light)
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If I had more handguns that I carried, I might get into it, but I've only got 3 guns that I carry depending on dress, and a 4" revolver sometimes in the woods. and a couple holsters for each.
Plus there are some guys here that do a better job than I could for decent prices and quick turnaround

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/ARFCOM%20stuff/IMG_20140227_213346_615.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my pic:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/ARFCOM%20stuff/IMG_20140227_213346_615.jpg

understandable... now go finished the pdr or what ever your calling  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the way that looks. I also carry the Don Hume holster for the Glock 19. I have to have a clip on style that I can remove at times in the car.
Certain places I cant carry, Schools and some businesses. I like the inside the waist clip on carry holsters. Im also a lefty he doesnt have as much for leftys just a basic model for the G19.

I might buy one. I was going to get a new Don Hume like the one I have. I bent the belt clip. Only concern is the plastic the belt clip is made of.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I like the way that looks. I also carry the Don Hume holster for the Glock 19. I have to have a clip on style that I can remove at times in the car.

Certain places I cant carry, Schools and some businesses. I like the inside the waist clip on carry holsters. Im also a lefty he doesnt have as much for leftys just a basic model for the G19.

I might buy one. I was going to get a new Don Hume like the one I have. I bent the belt clip. Only concern is the plastic the belt clip is made of.
View Quote
Gone seem the pull the dot straps?  They're easy on and off.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Holster got here today.

Quality seems on par with other Kydex models from other makers that I've owned. I appreciate the sweat shield because FL is hot and humid. Good retention.

Eyeballing the Kydex beside the leather Done Hume, they are nearly identical in thickness. The Kydex rides lower and makes a full combat grip a little tougher but not at all impossible, just something to get used to. After wearing it for 4 hours today I feel like it conceals better cause it sits a little lower.

I can't speak on the reliability of the plastic clip, the metal clip on my DH was very tight and locked over my belt solid. The plastic is pretty solid and seems to do a good job "catching" the bottom of the belt, but I'm open to try some RCS straps on there to test it out.

Sill looking for the perfect carry option for shorts and a t-shirt since that is my wardrobe about 90% of the time. I'm getting there. Chasing a 1 year old around doesn't make it easy trying to avoid printing and my shirt riding up when getting him in and out of the car and other weird situations I get in with him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#28]
I carry in an infidel by comp tac quite often.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I have one for my Shield and hate it, something about the feel of Kydex against my skin I just can't stand... I bought it to carry AIWB, but as far as comfort I would rather have my G19 in a MTAC at 5:00

With that said I have a Alien Gear 2.0 ordered for the Shield, when it arrives it will be my new EDC...

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:06:47 AM EDT
[#30]
That type of clip is unreliable and you can end up drawing the pistol with the holster attached.
I've found that my favorite type of holster is a modified Galco Stow-N-Go where I've substituted a metal clip for the bulky plastic and cut down the doubled up leather lip.  Once the leather breaks in they are soft and non-pokey.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

gl ymmv.

View Quote

Who made this IBW-L
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#32]
You can replace the clip with one or two loops.

You can get a thin strip of leather and glue it on the back with rubber cement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top