Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/21/2015 2:49:57 PM EDT
ATT: Members
Please read and sign the petition linked below.
Whole foods has recently prohibited CHL holders
from carrying in their stores.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/wholefoodschltx

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm no legal expert on the matter but that doesn't look like the legal signage.  I believe the law states very specifically the signage required to deny law abiding citizens from the ability to defend themselves.  Maybe someone else can chime in for clarification.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
First post and all that
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, it is the proper signage.
They did their homework.
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta bust that cherry somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The first 2 paragraphs are just useless verbiage, the last paragraph contains the required info.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Who is John Galt?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad I live in GA. Much bettee gun laws here than in supposedly "free" Texas.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They did their homework.
Thanks for the help.
View Quote

That sign in the picture is not a legal 30.06 sign in Texas.

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun;" or

(2) A sign posted on the property that:
(a) includes the above language in both English and Spanish;
(b) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(c) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Acording to the statute, a proper 30.06 sign must have language identical to that quoted above, and the sign must be in both English and Spanish. The letters on the sign must be block letters and they must be at least one inch in height. They must also be of "contrasting colors." Lastly, the sign must be displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The answer is really much easier.  Shop elsewhere, send in copies of your receipts with a note that says why you won't spend a dime in their overpriced establishment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I told my wife to stop going there and she has.
HEB and Central Market have everything we need anyway.

Fuck Hole Foods

ETA: Their cluster fuck sign is an attempt to not post the blue sign the TABC gave them. They first took down blue signs and replaced them with red signs. TABC rules don't allow this and a bunch of us called in complaints to TABC on pretty much every store.

So for a while they put back up blue signs and a separate English and Spanish 30.06.  I have need seen this new sign in person, but apparently a Spanish version is on the other side of the door at all the TX locations.

Most of us tend to think the language and size are legal at this point. TABC doesn't require that you post the exact blue or red sign, but your sign must contain the correct language for your license.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
The following is copied and pasted directly from Texas Penal Code Ch 30

Sec. 30.06.  TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN.  (a)  A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
(1)  carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent;  and
(2)  received notice that:
(A)  entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden;  or
(B)  remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
(b)  For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
(c)  In this section:
(1)  "Entry" has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b).
(2)  "License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f).
(3)  "Written communication" means:
(A)  a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following:  "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun";  or
(B)  a sign posted on the property that:
(i)  includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii)  appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height;  and
(iii)  is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
(d)  An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
(e)  It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

I think it's legal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think it is as this has been covered at other places before if I remember.

The sign has to be specific , font size, English and Spanish etc...

On my phone so I can't post links... Thanks apple...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Concealed means concealed.

They'll take it down when they start getting robbed at an increasing rate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't think it is as this has been covered at other places before if I remember.

The sign has to be specific , font size, English and Spanish etc...

On my phone so I can't post links... Thanks apple...
View Quote

It is the correct size and wording. While the photo doesn't show the Spanish sign, I have seen posts on other TX sites (TexasCHL) that indicate the Spanish version is below or on the other side of the door.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sec. 30.06.  TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN.  (a)  A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
(1)  carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent;  and
(A)  entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden;  or
(B)  remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart.
(b)  For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
(c)  In this section:
(A)  a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following:  "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun";  or
(i)  includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii)  appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height;  and
(e)  It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035.

I think it's legal.
View Quote

Nope.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]
This photo was taken at the Preston and Forest location in Dallas, posted on the door.
There was no Spanish sign.
The Preston and Park location has both English and Spanish, on the door.
Both locations used at least 1.5" letters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#17]
No reason to patronize that business
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuck 'em.  I guess we can still open carry rifles in there?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Can you imagine?
Those libtarded trendies would have a stroke!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The answer is really much easier.  Shop elsewhere, send in copies of your receipts with a note that says why you won't spend a dime in their overpriced establishment.
View Quote

I agree with this. But more needs to be done.

I suggest finding corporate/district offices contact info.

Complain complain complain.

If it works for old ladies not liking a various magazine that's sold in the store or a customer complaining about how there's Hispanic music playing in a store where 90% of the patrons are hispanic then I say COMPLAIN AWAY!!!

This is coming from a guy who was in retail for years.

Remember, the info for the next guy up is there. You just gotta find it.

Eta:

Mark Dixon - President SouthWest

Whole Foods Market, Inc.
550 Bowie Street
Austin, TX 78703-4644

512-477-4455
512-477-5566 voicemail
512-482-7000 fax

Global Partnership Evaluation Group

For national partnership or sponsorship opportunities:
www.pinpointclient.com/wholefoodsmarket

Global Customer Service and Whole Foods Market™ and 365 Everyday Value® Product Questions:

550 Bowie Street
Austin, TX 78703-4644
Customer Service: Email or 512-542-0878

merry xmas
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Here are some contacts:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/us-national-offices

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/regional-offices
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Op is obviously a post whore.

7 years, and this thread is you only posting.  Datum.

And Fuck them.  Market street, better prices.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#23]
<edited> nvm, I misunderstood the intent of the petition.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#24]
It's not just Texas. All the WF stores in IL I know are posted as GFZ.

It's a liberal hippy chain. Really, what do you expect?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh, it is their house, their rules.

Forbid your Household 6 from spending any money there though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Ain't gonna spend a single cent there. just for that reason. What if the place gets robbed, And I'm not allowed to defend myself?  FU whole foods.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Unfortunately criminals don't speak that language.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

(c)  In this section:

I think it's legal.
View Quote

There is nothing illegal about the sign; however, it does not provide effective notice under penal code 30.06, The sign does not make it unlawful to carry there.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#29]
^ Which, effectively, means that the shop owners have given lawfully-carrying citizens an "out". The sign may help deter people carrying irresponsibly or illegally, but does nothing to criminalize those who know what's up and legally carry anyway. Petitioning to have them change the sign is counterproductive in this case.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn't want to be the test case for the compliance of that sign,
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Better not carry a gun then.  Some cop might arrest you and make you show the court your CHL is valid

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's not just Texas. All the WF stores in IL I know are posted as GFZ.

It's a liberal hippy chain. Really, what do you expect?
View Quote

This. I've been boycotting for years. I'm surprised everyone else hasn't been.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Better not carry a gun then.  Some cop might arrest you and make you show the court your CHL is valid

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt I'd have to spend much time or money proving my CHL is valid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I only care because of what it means in a larger sense.  The fact so many people shop there confuses me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#35]
The signs at the N. Dallas and Plane stores are new.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I agree with Woody. I can go without WF, but there's a larger issue here.
If they don't hear from ex and would be customers, they certainly won't change.
Even if revenue were to fall slightly because we stopped shopping there, they may not know why.  
We have to tell not just WF, but all retail chains that might be "on the fence" about considering a
no carry policy that it will at least be a pain in the ass.  

At the time of this reply, there have been 782 readers of the post and 280 signatures.
I'm guessing half are AR 15 members.  The petition really took after you guys got it!

Please sign, Tweet and/or Facebook this out.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/wholefoodschltx

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nor that a non compliant 30.06 sign is non compliant.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Whole Foods, where only the criminals are armed.

Whole Foods is anti-liberty and un-American.

Either of those would fit on a bumper sticker.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With no case history, you've got no way of knowing that.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuck Whole Foods. HEB has always provided regardless. The clientele and employees have always been enough to keep me away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fuck Whole Foods. HEB has always provided regardless. The clientele and employees have always been enough to keep me away.
View Quote

We don't go there to chit chat. We buy our fish there because it's better than what we get from HEB. It's about the only thing we buy from there, though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We don't go there to chit chat. We buy our fish there because it's better than what we get from HEB. It's about the only thing we buy from there, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have Central Market where you live?
HEB run equivalent of Hole Foods.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:19:59 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't shop there anymore.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Oh the noes! Where are all the gun toting Texas hippies going to buy their organic kale and quinoa?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#45]
The open carrying of rifle bs kept me from signing the petition. Sounds like you have a problem with people doing something that is legal and I'm not talking about the fools that were trying to intimidate people at the state legislature. But good luck to you.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that by reading the law.  Just like you know carrying your handgun with a CHL won't result in you being arrested.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#47]

The law only gives me reasonable certainty of prevailing but it could cost significant time and money in the quest.
All for what?  To patronize a business that doesn't want me?  

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't know about the entire State of Florida; but Whole Foods isn't posted in my area.

Perhaps because NO FIREARMS signs have no legal weight here.

A very few places like TOYS R US, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Jared's Jewelers, do put up signs which display phoney pseudo-legal language intended to mislead Floridians into believing they can use those signs to ban firearms.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They did their homework.
Thanks for the help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They did their homework.
Thanks for the help.

No, it isn't the correct signage.  It has to be posted in both english and spanish to meet the letter of the law.  

(B) a sign posted on the property that:
(i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/7/30/30.06#sthash.ApRCtY7x.dpuf
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

(c)  In this section:

I think it's legal.
View Quote

You're even quoting the law yourself and missing it...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top