Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2015 10:49:18 PM EDT
What should I expect? I would like to instal a fixed stock but should I wait until it arrives before I buy one?
Where is the best place to get the fixed stock, spare mags etc?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a fixed stock off ebay awhile back, but so far haven't been able to get the screw holding the folding stock off so you may want to wait till you get it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered a fixed stock off ebay awhile back, but so far haven't been able to get the screw holding the folding stock off so you may want to wait till you get it.
View Quote

That sucks yeah I think I might wait. Is the wire folding stock that bad?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I got my vz2008 a while back, and it hasn't been terrible the coupe times I've shot it.  The folding wire stock isn't bad, but I don't recommend trying to get a good cheek weld on it.  I had a nice line on my face for a few hours after that, but even that wasn't so bad as it gave me a good excuse to react that one scene from Tommy Boy.  My advice is to wrap it in some camo wrap to protect your tender face meat.  Apex gun parts does sell a cheek riser for it, but I found that it had a bit too much grip to be comfortable.  Other than that the rifle cycles smooth, and does have noticeably less recoil.  There are two issues I had with my particular rifle, though.  Firstly, it won't fully chamber a snap cap.  No idea why, confused the fuck out of the gunsmith I asked about it.  Meh.  Secondly, I haven't been able to adjust the front sight windage drum.  Probably just a bit tight and needs some oily motivation, I just haven't really had a chance to mess with it lately.

As for mags and parts, I'm partial to Apex.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not shot mine yet but I like the folding stock. There is a guy on Facebook VZ 58 / VZ2008 page that sells heat shields. The reviews are really good on them and they do reduce the heat a lot. He sales them for $20 shipped and they pop right in. Very easy install. I think his name is Chris Stone.

If you are looking for mags try Apex Gun parts. It seems a lot of guys order from them and have had not issues with their magazines and parts.

The only thing I know of still being a problem that may or may not show up with these are the trigger gremlin. Get the bolt tabbed now or later down the road.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I got my vz2008 a while back, and it hasn't been terrible the coupe times I've shot it.  The folding wire stock isn't bad, but I don't recommend trying to get a good cheek weld on it.  I had a nice line on my face for a few hours after that, but even that wasn't so bad as it gave me a good excuse to react that one scene from Tommy Boy.  My advice is to wrap it in some camo wrap to protect your tender face meat.  Apex gun parts does sell a cheek riser for it, but I found that it had a bit too much grip to be comfortable.  Other than that the rifle cycles smooth, and does have noticeably less recoil.  There are two issues I had with my particular rifle, though.  Firstly, it won't fully chamber a snap cap.  No idea why, confused the fuck out of the gunsmith I asked about it.  Meh.  Secondly, I haven't been able to adjust the front sight windage drum.  Probably just a bit tight and needs some oily motivation, I just haven't really had a chance to mess with it lately.

As for mags and parts, I'm partial to Apex.
View Quote

The first time I adjusted windage on my vz2008, it took some cranking to finally get that drum to budge. I think it is from some of the parkerization getting between the drum and the rest of the FSB. After that first time of moving the drum, it should be fine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I just received mine from PSA.   Trigger gremlin showed up a few rounds into the second mag.  Aint gonna mess wi sending it back to PSA although I probably ought to tell them about it.  Fortunately my machinist buddy was there.  I let him take it home for tab extension.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just received mine from PSA.   Trigger gremlin showed up a few rounds into the second mag.  Aint gonna mess wi sending it back to PSA although I probably ought to tell them about it.  Fortunately my machinist buddy was there.  I let him take it home for tab extension.
View Quote

I thought that issue was fixed by century.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: I thought that issue was fixed by century.
View Quote

My gunsmith/machinist buddy was skeptical when I told him that when we met at the range.  And sure enough, a few rds into the second mag and second mag  According to what I'm reading the ONLY fix is extending that tab on the Bolt Carrier Group.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Make sure that the problem you have is the true Gremlin -- the striker following the bolt into battery.  There are two other issues -- shooter not letting the trigger out adequately and a walking safety pin -- that will mimic, to an extent, the Gremlin.  If it's the other two issues you'll still have problems with the tabbed carrier.  The fixes are simple, but if you think it's the true Gremlin then you're in for a world of frustration and chasing your tail.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=69967.0
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used the really wide flat blade bit that came with my AR-15 armorers kit and a long ratched to crack it free. Had to clamp the action down to a bench.

OP:

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/vz58leathermagpouchand430rd762x39magazines.aspx

for mags.

Ebay is a good place to look, but czechpoint USA has the fixed stock surplus kits in stock right now. Be aware that the butt plate and bushing won't match the gun.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top