Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2014 6:47:21 PM EDT
Hey guys I took mine opap that I just got out to the range yesterday and the thing started to acting out. I mean it would chambered a round, but it wouldn't fire cause of trigger wouldn't reset(I think) so I have to manually pull the charging handle by hand for it to fire. When I pull the charging Handle it would eject a live round out of the chamber in order to fire. So basically what I'm trying to say is that I would have to manually pull the charging handle every round and when I pull it would eject a live round so please help guys. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at this video hope it helps http://youtu.be/-pc-ALO_7xI
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Watch this video hope it helps
http://youtu.be/-pc-ALO_7xI
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:31:41 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have a Tapco trigger in it which is a very good trigger.  Take the cover and bolt carrier off and see what is going on, slowly cock the hammer by hand and then pull the trigger while holding the hammer so it doesn't bang against anything.  See if you can tell something is out of place.  Put the bolt carrier back in and rack the slide and watch what it is doing.  I'm betting it is a minor adjustment.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should have a Tapco trigger in it which is a very good trigger.  Take the cover and bolt carrier off and see what is going on, slowly cock the hammer by hand and then pull the trigger while holding the hammer so it doesn't bang against anything.  See if you can tell something is out of place.  Put the bolt carrier back in and rack the slide and watch what it is doing.  I'm betting it is a minor adjustment.
View Quote

This.  Its probably one of the following things:

1. Hammer follow

2. Hammer spring legs are not sitting correctly on the trigger.

3. Disconnector is not releasing the hammer

You can do a functions check to see where the problem is:

1. Remove the magazine

2. Pull the bolt to the rear and make sure the chamber is empty

3. Remove the top cover

4. Double check to make sure the firearm is unloaded

5. Point the rifle in a safe direction

6. Place the safety in the semiauto "fire" position

7. Pull the trigger normally and hold it to the rear

8. Pull the bolt to the rear and let it go forward on its own power

9. Look to see if the disconnector is retaining the hammer

10. Release the trigger normally

11. Watch to see if the hammer is released by the disconnector, and the primary trigger hook grabs the front of the hammer

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the help guys

I checked everything and it seems to be in working order when I racked it by hand at home. the only thing seem to be odd was one the spring jumped out of place when I pulled the trigger to release the hammer. i took off the cover while i was at the range and saw that both end of the disconnector are hook on to the hammer . i have no idea what cause it and no idea how to fix it lol. i did watched videos on youtube,but nothing so far but im going to try to bend the spring and ill report back later
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not good at visualizing what is happening with the disconnector but sounds like it may be problem #3 that AK listed.  The spring shouldn't be jumping out of place.  Do you have another AK that is working you can pull apart and see how its trigger works so you can copy it?  I put a Tapco trigger in a Saiga and it was very easy, may be best to pull the pins, take everything out and then put it back in the right way.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
both end of the disconnector are hook on to the hammer .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
both end of the disconnector are hook on to the hammer .

Sounds like you're using terms incorrectly.  The disconnector does not have two ends that interact with the hammer.

For clarity:

Go through the function check and see which item fails.  That will be an indication of what fix is required.

Quoted:
sounds like it may be problem #3 that AK listed.  The spring shouldn't be jumping out of place.

I'm doubtful that is the issue.  OP stated that if he charged the rifle again, it would fire.  If the disconnector were not releasing the hammer, the bolt carrier moving backward would keep the hammer locked on the disconnector and the rifle would not be able to fire at all after the first round.

More likely, its issue #1 or #2 above.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Yea I was using the wrong term lol
Anyways it's the disconnector that didn't release the hammer I tried to bent the spring like in the video and it seem like the problem fix, but haven't been to the range yet. I'll let u guys know thanks eeryone
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#9]
If you don't get it figured out, try replacing the hammer spring,  I had the same problem, and the new spring got me back in action again.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top