Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/28/2015 8:32:03 PM EDT
Long story short.
I liked the sgworks stock but it made mag changes slow difficult and I had to trim the pistol grip to accept 30rd mags.

The whole difficult mag change thing made it a no go for me. So I put an old stock on and did some more cutting.
My goal was a M1A scout / socom wannabe. The spacer has to come off the aimpoint. It's a SKS-M model btw.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Spacer just has 2 screws in the bottom, should come right off.  You'll have to rezero.  What sort of groups do you get?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]

That covered my range of emotions seeing that

How much do you have in that? For that much money, you probably could have gotten  an m1a or ar that would better suit your needs, rather than some bubba tapco-ization
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How much do you have in that? For that much money, you probably could have gotten  an m1a or ar that would better suit your needs, rather than some bubba tapco-ization
View Quote

Not much. Via trades and such maybe  $600, not counting the aimpoint.

Spacer just has 2 screws in the bottom, should come right off. You'll have to rezero. What sort of groups do you get?

Haven't tried to shoot it yet
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Spacer just has 2 screws in the bottom, should come right off. You'll have to rezero. What sort of groups do you get?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basic ar's (non free float) using a scope, surplus ammo usually get 2-5" groups at 100 yards

Average m1a's tend to be around 2-3" guns
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Why did you cut up the bullpup stock?

Aren't there scout rails out there already?

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?level1=SKS&itemno=MNT-HG569SA
$32 bucks... as opposed to what you chopped.

I mean yeah it looks neat, but you could have purchased ammo for what you put into it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why did you cut up the bullpup stock?

Aren't there scout rails out there already?

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?level1=SKS&itemno=MNT-HG569SA
$32 bucks... as opposed to what you chopped.

I mean yeah it looks neat, but you could have purchased ammo for what you put into it.
View Quote

I didn't buy it to end up with what it is. I just didn't like my rifle being restricted to 20rd or less.

Sgworks is sending a free replacement grip, no questions asked.

So I'll be selling the stock and keeping the rifle as it was built
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top