Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2015 4:49:38 PM EDT
Found a SAM7R at a local retail store that has caught my eye, wondering about overall impressions from those that have one; I've read that they can be finicky about magazines so trying to get feedback on that and also am looking to possibly change the furniture to wood down the road but have read that milled receivers can make that a challenge. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I  have that rifle. Very nice action. Smooth as glass. Yes, furniture is difficult to mate to the milled reciever, but you can find it if you look. I kept mine stock with the polymer furniture. I have not had a problem with magazines like you mention, nor have I heard of it with this rifle. I runb Pmag AK 30's, Circle 10's, and AIM Surplus bakelights. I shoot HP, FMJ, and SP ammo through it without malfunction. Other than the steep pricetag, it is a fantastic rifle.

I guess you could call me a satisfied customer

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Found a SAM7R at a local retail store that has caught my eye, wondering about overall impressions from those that have one; I've read that they can be finicky about magazines so trying to get feedback on that and also am looking to possibly change the furniture to wood down the road but have read that milled receivers can make that a challenge. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks
View Quote

It is a top tier rifle. There are no magazine issues. Some circle 10 waffle mags need very minor filing to fit, but that's normal. Ironwood Designs has wood furniture for milled rifles.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
milled arsenal rifles have always been G2G with zero issues as far as I know.  I owned one that was flawless.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Very reliable gun, top quality. I'm just not into milled guns with 90 degree gas blocks & AKM barrels.  GARY
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
An action that is smooth as the prom queens thighs and a sweet trigger. What's not to like
No mag issues with mine yet. Tried 3 Tapco mags a few weeks ago and they all ran fine so far, 90 rounds through each mag.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Sam 7s are sweet. My only companit is the price tag!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one the action was slick but I kept thinking no AK is worth this kind of money so I traded it for a noveske afghan.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one the action was slick but I kept thinking no AK is worth this kind of money so I traded it for a noveske afghan.
View Quote

I feel ya...

I only have one AK and it is the Sam7, I could never bring myself to hock it, mainly because then Id be out of my only AK!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The are GREAT!!!  I think that they are the BEST out there right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very reliable gun, top quality. I'm just not into milled guns with 90 degree gas blocks & AKM barrels.  GARY
View Quote

Thats just the way Bulgaria makes them...they are great.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#11]
what are these worth now? want to know if i got a deal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#12]
You paid a price you were comfortable with.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand, but I'm much happier with my SLR100 built with a 1952 Hungarian AK47 #'s matching parts kit that replaced the SAM 7 for half the price. The Bulgarians also build a "correct" Classic.  GARY
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Best AK built IMO, rumor has it M.K said the same about them
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
what are these worth now? want to know if i got a deal.
View Quote

I'm curious as well, I'm interested in picking one up. Either with the side folder or fixed stock. What would be a good price, I'm new to these and rather not get ripped off
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I paid $1200 for mine OTD. That was about 1 year ago. High would be 1300, and anywhere below 1100 you make out very well. The underfolders and side folders are a little more expensive. Check prices on gunbroker. That'll givyou an idea.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I love my Sam 7sf! It's worth the extra cost.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:38:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I love my SAM7R!  

Shoots like a dream.  Runs fine for me on surp mags.  I've been looking into magpul mags though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#19]

Mine ran without a single issue. All magazines worked fine, I ran yugo BHO and Circle 10 waffles. Hell, the damn thing even fed and fired a .223 round by mistake... oops. Didn't seem to care. Shot great. I loved it. Sold it to afford police academy. I paid 1300 for it. Now I'm waiting on an arsenal slr107 to come in.. ill see if I prefer the stamped or milled.  
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top