BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/5/2005 5:46:01 AM EDT
I am a Police Officer in Richmond, VA and a user of GunBroker, Strum, and AR15.COM.  I am notifying users of the illegal activity of Andrei [email protected] This seller is in violation of importation laws and is currently under investigation by Homeland Security and the ATF.  He is selling Russian military parts and fraudulently labeling them as "airsoft parts" to smuggle them into the United States.  Why do I know this?  I ordered SVD parts from him and the shipment was confiscated.  An agent called me and interviewed me as to how I ordered these parts.  At the time I did not know that it was illegal to obtain these parts.  I was told that "anything manufactured by the Russian military factories is illegal to export."  You will lose your parts, money, and risk prosecution.  I recommend you ban him from doing business.  He does business on GunBroker as "Ruseller".  My advise is to do business with reputable company that is stateside (KVAR, Military Gun Supply)  By the way, the US government has my SVD parts and I'm out 350.00.   This is the real deal.  I'm not wearing a tin foil hat waiting for the mothership.  Email for my credentials if you are skeptical.  Stay away from this guy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#1]
SOL
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Current Auctions

Feedback

Just for everyone's info, I don't have a dog in the fight.  ETA:  Info posted just for info, not to say he's a good guy because of his feedback or anything.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to know. I ordered a couple of Russian wood AK pistol grips from him about a year ago or longer. Not worth the risk of confiscation now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#4]
So thats where my mail order bride went???
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am a Police Officer in Richmond, VA

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.   Did you pay extra for the insurance?

I have o....nevermind

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: At the time I did not know that it was illegal to obtain these parts.  I was told that "anything manufactured by the Russian military factories is illegal to export."  You will lose your parts, money, and risk prosecution.

IIRC, It is illegal to export from russia, not import to US,not your problem.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Now, that sucks. I was thinking about buying something too...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#8]
"If it looks too good to be true, it probably is"  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm still ordering an AK -100 series folder

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]
So you purchased parts listed as airsoft when you knew they were actually gun parts?  Didn't it seem suspicious to you?  Sorry, just teasing.  Seriously though, what about Tantal and Rusmilitary?  They've got plenty of Russian parts and accesories, do they use some loophole or formallity that Russeller doesn't?  If you ask me, the alphabet crew just wanted someone to pick on.  You should research the law in question and if they're feeding you bullshit, call them out on it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted: At the time I did not know that it was illegal to obtain these parts.  I was told that "anything manufactured by the Russian military factories is illegal to export."  You will lose your parts, money, and risk prosecution.

IIRC, It is illegal to export from russia, not import to US,not your problem.

The parts that Andrei sells to the US are sold in Russia legally as spare parts for Saigas, Veprs, Tigers, as well as deactss. They are sold as civilian products, for civilian products (remember that the Saiga, Vepr and Tiger can be purchased in full military configuration). Rusmilitary (located in the UK) simply guys these same items from Izhmash, and imports them to the UK. There is no sinister, military production aspect to it at all.

Also, pretty much all stuff coming direct from Russia to the  US are grey market imports.

Finally, Andrei doesnt try to fool anyone or hide where the items are being shipped from. You knew the items were being sent from Russia. Anyone knows there is always risks involved with ordering from Overseas. Especially dealing with firearms parts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The rumor I've been hearing for the last few weeks is that anything manufactured by the Russian military is illegal to import, according to the dept of homeland security . I do not know this as being  fact but, with what happen to deezgunz it should give you something to think about. mmk

That has always been the case.

The items are not Military items. They are civilian products, and sold as such. Just like a semi AK-47 is not a military item..

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#15]

"anything manufactured by the Russian military factories is illegal to export."

So we're going to stop seeing wolf and barnaul ammo?

Something doesnt add up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Serious?  That's why I'm still waiting for my 2 Saiga 12 SWAT pistol grips that I ordered from him in August 2004, he sent me an email a few weeks ago that that shipment was confiscated and that he was sending replacement that should arrive within a few weeks from Germany.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Since you are a 'law enforcement officer', you should be well aware of the common (almost daily) practice amongst law enforcement to cite anything that makes them feel ‘uncomfortable’ as being 'illegal', knowing that 99.9% of the time, an individual being told something is illegal by a law enforcement officer will believe it's the truth and not follow up on it. Importing gun parts is fertile ground for that kind of shit.
Someone opens a package and sees a bunch of AK47 parts, they’re going to ‘feel’ that something is illegal.

In short, I would ask these ATF agents to precisely outline what law was violated.
Since you admitted that you ordered more than $100 worth of parts, that pretty much seals it, but still always make them tell what you've done wrong and require them to provide statute numbers for reference.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I've just exchanged e-mails with Andrei',he does'nt seem concerned.He said he had one shipment confiscated due to the recipient being dead.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been waiting for my side folder since 3 Aug, Been hearing good things, bad things about Andrei.    I always believe people are good untill proven otherwise.  This may be the otherwise time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#20]
This whole thread reeks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah he said the same thing to me too.  I think I'll still order from him he seems to be a good seller.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm waiting on some AK furniture.  Just over twelve weeks now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am a Police Officer in Richmond, VA

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.   Did you pay extra for the insurance?

I have o....nevermind

Yeah it's a bit like

I am a dental hygienest and I am here to talk about neurosurgery.

/no offense to cops. I have dozens of cop friends and none of them claim to have knowledge International commerce.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a cop....If I don't feel compfortable with it, I don't order it.  I just don't want to wait for his stuff, so I don't order from him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#25]
How much do you want to bet a competitor turned him in?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered one set of parts form him and got it right away, I ordered something else and never got it. I'm not ordering from him any more. Live and learn. BUYER BEWARE
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Thats funny, weapons (non-sporting) cannot be imported unless they have been in another countries posession for 5 years or more (mainly C&R) and it must be proven. Unless it is on the "evil" list, it can come here to an importer. Parts(depending on what they are) can come hear. I have a Ural motorcycle, guess where they are made?? Just got a box of parts I ordered six months ago, guess where it was mailed from?? Ukrainian arsenals have opened for export, [\] is thier mark, SVTs, 91/30s, Nagant revovlers.......EAA gets arms from Ishmash(sp), they use to be Izhevsk, if I recall. They're Russian....go into a liquor store and look at the Vodka....My sister was an exchange student in Moscow, she sent me all kinds of stuff, slings, knives, clothing, custom Mosin thumbhole rifle stock, a real PU sniper scope and mount, it even had a list of contents that made it all the way to my house with no problems on 5 seperate occaisions within 2.5 years........................................I think you have been mislead  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#29]
last I checked if you are importing parts valued at more that $100 they required an import permit, I wonder if officer friendly filed for one?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Good link, but it didn't say anything about parts. I did not search the sight though.........
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"Officer friendly" wasn't the importer.  Reread the first post.

OK...

I am a Police Officer in Richmond, VA and a user of GunBroker, Strum, and AR15.COM. I am notifying users of the illegal activity of Andrei  This seller is in violation of importation laws and is currently under investigation by Homeland Security and the ATF. He is selling Russian military parts and fraudulently labeling them as "airsoft parts" to smuggle them into the United States. Why do I know this? I ordered SVD parts from him and the shipment was confiscated. An agent called me and interviewed me as to how I ordered these parts. At the time I did not know that it was illegal to obtain these parts. I was told that "anything manufactured by the Russian military factories is illegal to export." You will lose your parts, money, and risk prosecution. I recommend you ban him from doing business. He does business on GunBroker as "Ruseller". My advise is to do business with reputable company that is stateside (KVAR, Military Gun Supply) By the way, the US government has my SVD parts and I'm out 350.00. This is the real deal. I'm not wearing a tin foil hat waiting for the mothership. Email for my credentials if you are skeptical. Stay away from this guy.

So if the nice policeman isn't referring to himself in the above paragraph, then who?

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I've ordered several things from Andrei ... Never had a problem !!

I'm waiting on a set of furniture for a 74 right now ... I'm not worried ...

I will get it or Andrei will refund my money or ship another set ...

He has never failed to answer my mail or get my stuff and I've dealt with him for over 3 years ...
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I too have dealt with Andrei, and never had a problem.  I don't think the issue at hand is Andrei, it's the patching of the loopholes and cracks the industry has been enjoying until now.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I guess one thign to keep in perspective is that things are done diffeerently over there.He probably accepts the fact that 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 won;t make it through customs and that what he is doing is gray. Russia is very much still a 2nd or third world country where if you get away with more than you don't, you are in good shape. I am sure he will just send you another set.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK...

I am a Police Officer in Richmond, VA and a user of GunBroker, Strum, and AR15.COM. I am notifying users of the illegal activity of Andrei  This seller is in violation of importation laws and is currently under investigation by Homeland Security and the ATF. He is selling Russian military parts and fraudulently labeling them as "airsoft parts" to smuggle them into the United States. Why do I know this? I ordered SVD parts from him and the shipment was confiscated. An agent called me and interviewed me as to how I ordered these parts. At the time I did not know that it was illegal to obtain these parts. I was told that "anything manufactured by the Russian military factories is illegal to export." You will lose your parts, money, and risk prosecution. I recommend you ban him from doing business. He does business on GunBroker as "Ruseller". My advise is to do business with reputable company that is stateside (KVAR, Military Gun Supply) By the way, the US government has my SVD parts and I'm out 350.00. This is the real deal. I'm not wearing a tin foil hat waiting for the mothership. Email for my credentials if you are skeptical. Stay away from this guy.

So if the nice policeman isn't referring to himself in the above paragraph, then who?

He ordered from Andrei, who was the importer.  Deezgunz was not importing the items himself.

Big difference.

*edited to add.........don't know where the hostility is coming from here guys.  WTF.....guy is trying to save some people some serious hassles.

According to the National Firearms Act §5845(l) "Importer. - The term "importer" means any person who is engaged in the
business of importing or bringing firearms into the United States."  Andrei is in Russia, correct?  He sent the parts out of Russia, making him the exporter.  Deezgunz was supposed to have recieved them into the US, making him the importer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK...

He ordered from Andrei, who was the importer.  Deezgunz was not importing the items himself.

Big difference.

*edited to add.........don't know where the hostility is coming from here guys.  WTF.....guy is trying to save some people some serious hassles.

I fail to see how Andrei is the importer.. He is the exporter. If he were the importer, he would be in the US accepting the shipment. He is sending the shipment out of Russia.

The original guy is the importer. He is bringing in the stock set. Andrei clearly says that he is shipping from Russia, Germany or wherever. One stock set or a thousand, the idea is still the same.

I think everyone is getting upset with the poster because he never posts around here, then just pops out with a troll post... Even if that was not his attention, it still came accross like that.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Not been a state secret that ordering from Andrei is on the razors edge of the law. Have ordered from both Andrei and Rusmilitary.com with no problems. They just declare the value at or under $100 on the declarations forms.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Big difference.

You shouldn't participate in conversations about things like 'importation' when you don't know the difference between an importer and an exporter.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm sorry, I gotta do it................
IBTL

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I am a Police Officer in Richmond, VA and a user of GunBroker, Strum, and AR15.COM.  I am notifying users of the illegal activity of Andrei  This seller is in violation of importation laws and is currently under investigation by Homeland Security and the ATF.  He is selling Russian military parts and fraudulently labeling them as "airsoft parts" to smuggle them into the United States.  Why do I know this?  I ordered SVD parts from him and the shipment was confiscated.  An agent called me and interviewed me as to how I ordered these parts.  At the time I did not know that it was illegal to obtain these parts.  I was told that "anything manufactured by the Russian military factories is illegal to export."  You will lose your parts, money, and risk prosecution.  I recommend you ban him from doing business.  He does business on GunBroker as "Ruseller".  My advise is to do business with reputable company that is stateside (KVAR, Military Gun Supply)  By the way, the US government has my SVD parts and I'm out 350.00.   This is the real deal.  I'm not wearing a tin foil hat waiting for the mothership.  Email for my credentials if you are skeptical.  Stay away from this guy.

Hello to everyone! I just got a reg. conformation and now I'm here. My name is Andrei Kouznetsov. I'm selling on Gun Broker (ID - ruseller) and on eBay (ID - andyarts, andyarts1). I'm here to make some explonations on qouted above post. I'm sorry for some mistakes in my post, because my native language is Russian. But I'll do my best to explain all correctly and clear.

The guy, who posted this thread is Xxx Xxxxxxxx. He ordered some items from me about a year ago. The items was sent out in large shipment to USA (that was the 11th shipment, sent by me to USA), but once it was arrived to Orlando and started to pass the importing procedures, the original importer (not I'm, I'm exporter) dead of heart attack. Of course, I was not able to inform everyone about such accident, because I promised to his family. The shipment was confiscated. That shipment contains about 100 orders. I cantacted with everyone, who's orders were in that shipment and we agreed, that I'll replace the original orders or will send another items by their choice. I did not ask to pay any additonal funds: all were covered by my self. I lost about $15000 on that confiscated shipment and, of course, I just was not able to cover these amount instantly, so I was required to get some more orders to cover all expenses. I got them and the shipment, contains the replaced orders and new orders was shipped out of Russia to Germany. The replaced order of Xxx Xxxxxxxx is on this shipment too. Please, mark the hang of this fact!

OK. Now, about post of officer of Richmond Police Department Mr. Xxx Xxxxxxxx. I'll not say anything about violation some US laws. But, 10 sucessfully delivered large shipments matters something. Also, I'm not under some kind of investigations, otherwise I knew about this. Mr. Xxx Xxxxxxxx is saying, that someone called him and interviewed him. This can't be true, because I'm contacting every week with about 40% of those guys, who are waiting their replacement orders, and no one of them told me about some phone calls. I don't really think, that Xxx Xxxxxxxx is so lucky... Then, as I said above, he still have an order for gun parts. Acorrding with his last mail (I got it two days ago), he is not care about anything, except his replacement order and he wanted to know, when it will be arrived to him. Also, I sent his replacement order on his work address, i.e. to Richmond Police Department. I really don't think, that he provided me such address for illegal items and still did not changed it.

All, that I can say, Mr. Xxx Xxxxxxxx is using this public forum (and some others) to take vengeance on me.

I don't think, that this is good idea, Xxx!

Best regards,
Andrei Kouznetsov.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Big old +1 for Andrei.

He's always been on the up and up, and he won't screw you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I was nervous to order at first but I did and I hope to see my AK100 series stockset soon enough.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:26:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Once again ... I will stand up for Andrei ... Always a top notch guy in my book ... and I have a small book ...

Welcome Andrei ... Get some of your stuff on the EE .. ASAP .......................
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Once again ... I will stand up for Andrei ... Always a top notch guy in my book ... I have a small book

Welcome Andrei ... Get some of your stuff on the EE .. ASAP .......................

+1,you've never let me down,............so far!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Welcome Andrei!

Nice to have members in Russia.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Never had a problem with an order.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
According to the National Firearms Act §5845(l) "Importer. - The term "importer" means any person who is engaged in the
business of importing or bringing firearms into the United States."  Andrei is in Russia, correct?  He sent the parts out of Russia, making him the exporter.  Deezgunz was supposed to have recieved them into the US, making him the importer.

That was my read on it, as well.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top