Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2005 1:32:02 PM EDT
Ok if you could get either one which one would you get and why?

I am leaning toward the FSE due to price and its not made by Tapco.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go and buy one of the G2 FCGs from Thedukeryan/Midwestarmory simply because he has a good price and is a nice guy.

ben
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Tapco doesnt make it - Gordon Technologies makes it, and Tapco has the "exclusive distribution rights" to it.

Hence, why it says Tapco on it.

They look well made, and they're cheap.  Not to knock FSE, as I'm sure they make great stuff, but either buy the cheapest "good" FCG (i.e. the G2 stuff), or spend the extra cash and buy an RSA fully adjustable FCG.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, dumb question, but where are you finding FSE stuff?  Didn't Shinn go out of business?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed him and asked if he had any stock left.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an older FSE and two G2s.  Hands down get the G2.  Trigger pull is much smoother.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, dumb question, but where are you finding FSE stuff?  Didn't Shinn go out of business?

www.krebscustom.com/CustomParts.html

I got a FSE set from this guy last week.

I like the FSE because they don't have the wide triggers, like the RSA FCG's. They're the same width as an original Bulgarian trigger.

The disconnector that comes with the FSE will have to be filed down to fix the trigger-slap, just like the FCG's in the WASR's. Kinda lame that you gotta do that, but that's the way they are.

Can't comment on the G2. Do Vectors come with G2's? If so, I can comment.

Scott

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 G2 or RSA  both are good FCG's
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I asked the exact same question a couple of weeks ago and the response was overwhelmingly for the G2 ...
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
+1 G2 or RSA  both are good FCG's

+1's
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tapco doesnt make it - Gordon Technologies makes it, and Tapco has the "exclusive distribution rights" to it.
Hence, why it says Tapco on it.

They look well made, and they're cheap.  Not to knock FSE, as I'm sure they make great stuff, but either buy the cheapest "good" FCG (i.e. the G2 stuff), or spend the extra cash and buy an RSA fully adjustable FCG.

I dont know about that, I was under the impression Tapco bought the rights to make it and now make it under their name and GT no longer is in business.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'd go and buy one of the G2 FCGs from Thedukeryan/Midwestarmory simply because he has a good price and is a nice guy.

ben

+1
Honestly I dont have much of an opinion on the FSE ones. I did have some FSE followers and floorplates and thought that they where top notch. I wish they would start making them and some of their other products again. As for the fire control groups I havent heard nearly as many compliments about them as the G2's which seem to be very well liked for the price.

Does anyone know if century used FSE in their rifles? I have heard this and dont know if its true. Not trying to start up another rumor but just curious.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought and installed a FSE set 7 years ago.  I've installed two G2 sets since then, the last one being day before yesterday.  I've never had a problem with the G2 groups.  They're no frills, but they install easy, work well, are solid, and have a crisp and certain trigger pull.

The FSE set did not fit right, and required filing in order to drop in.  After it was installed, the trigger pull was substandard and just didn't feel right.  That was 7 years ago, so they may have improved since then.  If it were me, I'd go with the G2 groups.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top