Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2003 5:52:27 PM EDT
Was talking with Troy Sellars of In Range the other day and found out he had stashed a few of the Romanian "Dragunovs" in his shop.  Told him I just had to have one.....

KF

Link Posted: 1/15/2003 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!  I dont really know anything about these rifles...why does the magazine look so wide, what round are those chambered for?
Link Posted: 1/15/2003 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
7.62x54R
Link Posted: 1/15/2003 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool.......which scope did you get?
Link Posted: 1/15/2003 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks like a PSO 8x42 scope. It has an illuminated reticle.

Krinkfreak: Give us a range report. Also, you need to put a RSA trigger in there. I thought about getting one of those rifles, since you can buy new 147 grain Wolf 7.62x54R rounds for less than $100 per 500 rounds. It's a great round to hunt with.....I just wish they made 3 or 5 round magazines for the damn gun.

themao
Link Posted: 1/15/2003 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
My experience with my dads Romak III - Pre- RSA trigger group.  1 1/2 - 1 1/4 inch groups with Yugo surplus.

The rifle abso-Fin-lutly rocks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2003 2:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Got the rifle with two mags (a five round and ten round).  Has the illuminated "red" reticle and can use a regular AA battery.  Looks pretty wicked at dusk or low light.

Troy recommends the East German ammo.  I picked up two boxes of "Gewehr Zeil Patronen" ammo.  I spoke with him before he shipped the rifle and he had already installed the RSA FCG.  Too damn cold to go outside shooting right now and I leave for Qatar in mid February....range report might have to wait until May or June when I get back.  Unless we have a break in the weather here in Ohio.....

What do you guys think about the buttstock?  I would really like to swap it out and go with something like this:

or maybe this:

Gimme your inputs.....

KF
Link Posted: 1/16/2003 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Its 8 degrees, its not cold! Its just a little chilly.

I like the first stock that you pictured if you would like my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2003 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/16/2003 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice!
My Mosins have been happy with either Hungarian or Czech silvertip (nice price at ammunitionstore.com now if aim is out). The Hungarian goes thru A LOT, ask Campy about over 12" tree trunks at 100 yds in winter.

Sanding the pistol zone of the rear stock can get the shape you want for your hand fit, and no extra evil features/parts count issues result from it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2003 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
A great rifle.  You are really going to enjoy it.  Either of your stock choices would work for me.  OR, if you are on a budget, or just like to tinker, you can re-contour the existing grip on the stock to a more pleasing shape.
Link Posted: 1/16/2003 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#11]
if you dont mind me asking, how much does he want for them?
i like the last pic the best with the cheek pad. looks the most comfortable and has the best "soviet" look,yes i know its romanian, to me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2003 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#12]
www.interordnance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=INTERORDNANCE.com&Product_Code=SSG97%2F7.62X54-S

Is that the same rifle (sure looks like it)? For less than $700 I'm sorely tempted to pick one up.

Link Posted: 1/16/2003 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, that's the rifle.  He has a few of them left.  I asked him how come it wasn't listed on his website and he told me he usually sells at least one at every gunshow he attends locally, and didn't feel the need to advertise on the internet....So now I'm asking what else he has stashed in his shop for sale....He tells me a little bit of this, a little bit of that....

I think I still have the hots for one of those Maadi RPMs he's advertising.  Gotta figure out which one of my kids I'm going to sell off first.....

Remember, you can never have enough AKs....
KF
Link Posted: 1/17/2003 6:04:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats Krink,I almost bought one from Troy a few months ago but instead I got his last SLR100.It never ends.
Link Posted: 1/17/2003 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top