Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/1/2014 5:57:57 AM EDT

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:05:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Third picture  Is that rust inside the muzzle brake of that weapon?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Third picture  Is that rust inside the muzzle brake of that weapon?
View Quote

i assume so.

the AKM's are shown with the berkut members who are Russian leaning
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like Obzor here on the left. Other guy might have Rakurs, pics are too small to tell for sure yet
eta: Looks like both are Obzor to me
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:24:55 AM EDT
[#5]
good thread idea, nice photos
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I spy vss vintorez?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes to the VSS.

From the vids and pics it appears that lots of VSS's are carried in conjunction with a SVD / bolt gun
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting to see non issued gear mixed in and the use of a standard sling as a single point.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#10]
looks like a Kashtan

PKP

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Great thread… Love those 74's.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Unidentified armed men moving near the Crimean parliament building. Shots have been heard in the capital of Simferopol, French news report a firefight between alleged Russian soldiers who have occupied several places in Simferopol and Sevastopol since several days and the unidentified men pictured above.
Note the GM-94 grenade launcher carried by atleast two of the gunmen. The GM-94 is in use by various Speznas, FSB and MVD units of the Russian Federation. I can´t find any info on wether they´ve been exported outside of Russia, so make of that what you want.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#16]
So is there actually active fighting right now or are they still just "occupying"? I mean the Russian soldiers by the way not the Euro-Maidan.

Please stay on topic, guns and gear. GD, general discussion has plenty of threads on the politics.

Thanks dryflash3
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a couple of the latest generation blue urban jackets that is shown...There were several design changes since 2008.

I also have quite a bit of Russian camo too Circa 2010-2011, but no digital yet.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#18]
That blue in the above pic is urban reed pattern, which has been around since the Chechnyan conflict.  

Nice to see underfolders with wood still in use, and I've never seen a torniquet wrapped around a poly folder before.  

Good closeup of the muzzle brake ports.    
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That blue in the above pic is urban reed pattern, which has been around since the Chechnyan conflict.

Nice to see underfolders with wood still in use, and I've never seen a torniquet wrapped around a poly folder before.  

http://i60.tinypic.com/2427ds0.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2608ttt.jpg

Good closeup of the muzzle brake ports.    
http://i58.tinypic.com/awz4hf.jpg
View Quote

No, it's based on the M81 pattern, not the Reed pattern. That particular MVS jacket was designed around 2008, with several changes being made since then.

More info here:

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Ukraine

ETA: Reed pattern here:

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/00080.php
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Where is russia's supper gun, the AEK 971? Its gonna change the world
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Notice the rail system on the bottom of that one PKM above?

I'd wouldn't be surprised if an AEK-971 makes an appearance, but I'd be really surprised if we see the first AK-12 out there
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I dont understand why they dont have an uniformity. Are there different branches we are looking at because i dont undestand the Blue camo, some guy where FDE, most other guys wearing green, some dickhead wearing rainbow colored camo pants etc etc. Makes no sense to me lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I dont understand why they dont have an uniformity. Are there different branches we are looking at because i dont undestand the Blue camo, some guy where FDE, most other guys wearing green, some dickhead wearing rainbow colored camo pants etc etc. Makes no sense to me lol
View Quote

maybe.....some of the guys haven't cleaned their dirty clothes so they needed to grab their extra uniform
or....they are bad ass like that, they don't care
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

maybe.....some of the guys haven't cleaned their dirty clothes so they needed to grab their extra uniform
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just shows disorganization. Looks more like a militia rather than a uniformed military. But hey as long as they get their mission done, whatever that may be, then i guess who cares lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Or just shows disorganization. Looks more like a militia rather than a uniformed military. But hey as long as they get their mission done, whatever that may be, then i guess who cares lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the all the images and videos I've seen of Russian military guys doing drills or actual engagements, they were never uniform on their clothing.
The only exception is the Alpha group.

I do like how they are mismatched though, it is more interesting to see different equipment all in one setting.
Also, I guess the guys will need to stay really close to each other, I would think friendly fire might be a problem if they are far apart.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

the blue guys are Ukrainian berkut defectors
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

From the all the images and videos I've seen of Russian military guys doing drills or actual engagements, they were never uniform on their clothing.

I do like how they are mismatched though, it is more interesting to see different equipment all in one setting.
Also, I guess the guys will need to stay really close to each other, I would think friendly fire might be a problem if they are far apart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, like the random dude with the rainbow colored camo pants. He looks like he could be on anyones team lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, but i still dont understand the whole blue thing.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exactly, like the random dude with the rainbow colored camo pants. He looks like he could be on anyones team lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rainbow pants???  I don't see it.....
Are you guys talking about the Swiss Alpine camo?
Its got funny colors, but its still ... 'legit'
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My understanding is that the Berkut are specialized police forces, not military. Might explain the blue. But I'll admit ignorance when it comes to Russian et al. gear.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My understanding is that the Berkut are specialized police forces, not military. Might explain the blue. But I'll admit ignorance when it comes to Russian et al. gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah i know they are police. But blue camo just seems pointless to me. Might as well just wear plain blue
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#33]

The rainbow pants???  I don't see it.....
Are you guys talking about the Swiss Alpine camo?
Its got funny colors, but its still ... 'legit'
View Quote

This one. I only say rainbow because its ridiculous and i dont actually know the name of it. It might be "legit" but i wouldn't say its very effective in an urban environment when you are wearing a solid OD green top and a jet black Balaclava lol.

EDIT: Actually, its probably better than the bright ass blue lol
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#34]
What's with all the Balaclavas? Just a cool guy thing or is it really that cold there?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Personally, I think the overall look of the green camo that seems to be the most common in these pics, is simply badass. Those guys just look tough in that gear.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Why are the rifles so bare boned? Can't the Russian military afford Tapco?

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#38]

The guy on the right looks like his gear was issued yesterday, except the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

<a href="http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1259856__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Official_HARAAM_AK_Picture_thread_.html&page=1" target="_blank">]http://i40.tinypic.com/2u9olsm.jpg]</a>
View Quote

Because basic and simple is best, tried and true
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Alleged "rebels" by Russian news organizations. Looks like pretty sophisticated weaponry for a group of rebels. The grenade launchers are telling. Probably FSB.

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1259856__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Official_HARAAM_AK_Picture_thread_.html&page=1" target="_blank">]http://i40.tinypic.com/2u9olsm.jpg]</a>

Haha that was definitely a joke... he wasn't seriously saying that Russia needs tapco on their rifles

Its sad that that comment can actually be taken seriously tho...  there are way too many ppl out there that think that those douched up rifles are sweet.

Anyone know if this is actually magpul or if they are bootlegging AFG's over there?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Double Tap... sorry
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Haha that was definitely a joke... he wasn't seriously saying that Russia needs tapco on their rifles

Its sad that that comment can actually be taken seriously tho...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its sad that that comment can actually be taken seriously tho...

you would be suprised
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#44]

LOL.  Magpul in the house!
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Its sad that that comment can actually be taken seriously tho...  there are way too many ppl out there that think that those douched up rifles are sweet.

Anyone know if this is actually magpul or if they are bootlegging AFG's over there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look in the Historical AK picture thread and you will see a ton of Magpul gear on Russian AK's
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, it was a joke. Some people just don't appreciate the highest form of humor, sarcasm.

Anyhoo, here's a pic of Ukrainian soldiers, haven't seen much of them in all this mess.

Ukrainian soldiers guard a gate of an infantry base in Perevalnoye, Ukraine, on March 2.

And more Russians:

Heavily armed troops, displaying no identifying insignia and who were mingling with local pro-Russian militants, stand guard outside a local government building in Simferopol, Ukraine, on March 2.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#47]
A CNN reporter asked one of those unmarked soilders where he was from. He said Russia. When she pressed more he walked away. It really looked like he wasnt suppose to say that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the pics Fin.  Now that I got a good look at the gear and weapons I think I see what's going on over there.  The Berkut guy with the AKM, shit, he could be holding my AKM.  Wood '74 style furniture, slant brake(no rust on mine), stamped receiver 7.62.  Just like mine but I bet his has a third pin.

ETA: The Gorka R camo gives those guys away.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#49]
The Russians are looking more modernized. New digital flora uniforms, Sposn vests, 2 different styles of helmets, and new body armor.

I miss the old style vest which was way too big for the average person and the motorcycle style helmets like the Sphera.  Also, did they run out of the blue izolenta tape?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Russians are looking more modernized. New digital flora uniforms, Sposn vests, 2 different styles of helmets, and new body armor.

I miss the old style vest which was way too big for the average person and the motorcycle style helmets like the Sphera.  Also, did they run out of the blue izolenta tape?
View Quote

Makes you wonder how we would fare in a conflict against a modern nation. A good friend of mine who is with the 101st, has stated that in their officer level training sessions, an opponent with "modern" capability would create a unique set of challenges as compared to our current training tempo.

He commands a heavy weapons unit, and they have reverted back to training against armor and columns vs current afghan/Iraq style mission sets.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top