Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2011 6:40:33 PM EDT
In this video you will see full-auto's, semi-auto's, some custom rifles,
even the new MKA 1919 12ga shotgun.  Plus, you'll see me shooting with
Ken Hackathorn and helping Marc Krebs test out some interesting new
prototype rifles.  I shot this in Ohio at a private gathering of of gun
nuts last weekend and it's worth watching.

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Not even sure what to think about that shotgun, cool but hideous
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Short of the why not factor what is the advantage of the ak in 6.5 vs the round in say an ar?
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, it's unique.  I was excited to have the opportunity to see one as they have just started coming into the country.  I will try to get a closer look at them once they're officially available.  I hear some things might change on them, so we'll see.  But it's super light weight and the recoil is surprisingly mild.  It's nice having familiar controls.  But there is a lot of plastic on it.

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Short of the why not factor what is the advantage of the ak in 6.5 vs the round in say an ar?

Some folks, like me, like AK's.  You'll see the next evolution of the rifle in a future video.  Marc will come out to my property to do some more testing here in a few weeks and we're going to try out some different hand guards and a new stock.  He'll also have a nice match trigger in it this time, the rifle had a standard AK trigger in it during our testing in this video.  I'm thinking it's pretty darn cool.  I like new and unconventional things, especially when they work as well as this rifle seems to.  Everyone modifies AR's, so it's refreshing to see a well thought out and well built AK solution.

Link Posted: 6/3/2011 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice video, thanks for posting OP!
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it's unique.  I was excited to have the opportunity to see one as they have just started coming into the country.  I will try to get a closer look at them once they're officially available.  I hear some things might change on them, so we'll see.  But it's super light weight and the recoil is surprisingly mild.  It's nice having familiar controls.  But there is a lot of plastic on it.

unique, thats a crappy ripoff of the AR-15 just shooting 12 gauge,
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome! Simply awesome. I love it when people push the envelope of a rifle platform. Really cool stuff.
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 9:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I might buy one just for those ghetto-bling fake gems!(quiet retching sound can be heard)

I know it's Turkey and all and they do things a little differently over there... but what were they thinking?

Link Posted: 6/4/2011 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Am I the only one that saw 1919 and was expecting a Browning MG design adapted to fire linked 12 Ga from a tripod?
Link Posted: 6/4/2011 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the vid FAC, I am definitely interested in buying a krebs in 6.5 grendal. Marc Krebs does fantastic work, and I absolutely adore my KTR-03s.
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 5:25:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that saw 1919 and was expecting a Browning MG design adapted to fire linked 12 Ga from a tripod?

I did as well

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 6:07:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Always fun training with Ken. Not bad on the 1-5... Not sure about a 6.5 AK but different strokes for different folks I guess.
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Always fun training with Ken. Not bad on the 1-5... Not sure about a 6.5 AK but different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm used to the SERPA system.  Ken loaned me a Safariland SLS which was new to me and of course I botched the unlocking.  To remedy that, I've ordered a ALS system, something I've been meaning to do for some time.  I want to do a comparison video between it and the SERPA.

Link Posted: 6/5/2011 7:26:35 AM EDT
[#14]
One more thing I should mention.  Wolf has confirmed that they will be importing steel cased 6.5 ammo for a case price of.

Ready?

$189

They say it will be hitting our shores later this year.

Link Posted: 6/5/2011 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One more thing I should mention.  Wolf has confirmed that they will be importing steel cased 6.5 ammo for a case price of.

Ready?

$189

Does that mean 7.62 will drop in price?

I'd like to see more wolf .308 before I see a bunch of 6.5.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Nicely done video!

Looks like Marc has been hard at work on his Grendel projects.
Be interesting to see what his Grendel AK will do at distance. The first
prototype I shot did not group nearly as well as 100 yards as the piece
you played with.

Wolf has already finished their first production run of 6.5mm Grendel steel
cases, so loaded ammo should be coming fairly soon!
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nicely done video!

you played with.

Wouldn't it be the Tula arsenal, rather than Wolf?
Link Posted: 6/5/2011 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I want that 6.5
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ready?

$189

wha!!??

that's cheaper then I can buy 9x19....somehow I doubt that it would be that cheap.

$189 for a 250 rnd case might be more plausible, and even at that price I would buy a couple.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#22]
When I first saw the model number of the MKA 1919 I thought it was a strange choice for a name too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nicely done video!

you played with.

Wouldn't it be the Tula arsenal, rather than Wolf?

Not Tula......a different Russian Arsenal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ready?

$189

wha!!??

that's cheaper then I can buy 9x19....somehow I doubt that it would be that cheap.

$189 for a 250 rnd case might be more plausible, and even at that price I would buy a couple.

it will either be a 500 or 1,000 round case...........I'm hoping for 1,000 rounds.......
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Considering I'm paying about $189 for 1,000 of 7.62x39 right now it doesn't seem all that far off.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#26]
well lets hope so, because I would 10 cases as soon as it hit the shores at that price.
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Wolf has said all along it will be priced inline with their 7.62x39mm.......so we wait to see......
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#28]
belt fed shotgun would be neat semi or full based on the 1919 design..... I can dream right!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Another great video! Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#30]
FAC,

I like that AK Grendel! I have the AR version, but I like the unusual as well. Any idea when Wolf might start shipping that ammo? I looked around online and didn't see it listed anywhere.

Greg
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

FAC,

I like that AK Grendel! I have the AR version, but I like the unusual as well. Any idea when Wolf might start shipping that ammo? I looked around online and didn't see it listed anywhere.

Greg

According to my contact, it's going to be sometime this year.  It won't be listed just yet, but by fall you should see it start popping up for sale.

Link Posted: 6/8/2011 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
FAC,

Greg

According to my contact, it's going to be sometime this year.  It won't be listed just yet, but by fall you should see it start popping up for sale.

Well I hopeyou are right. I was talking with some friends about this and one of them bought a custom AK in 6.5 grendal years ago on the promise of cheap 6.5 from wolf and has yet to see any results.
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FAC,

Greg

Well I hopeyou are right. I was talking with some friends about this and one of them bought a custom AK in 6.5 grendal years ago on the promise of cheap 6.5 from wolf and has yet to see any results.
Wolf claims the ammo is in production and headed for our shores.  I've never heard Wolf say they were this close to importing it before.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Looks like a few were looking for that linked 12ga upper.
Now all I have is a nasty turkish flavored turd taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
belt fed shotgun would be neat semi or full based on the 1919 design..... I can dream right!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7vwivR6cE
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Great video great editing, I really like the things Mark Krebs is doing, I read the articles in the G&A Book of the AK about his new works. Love that super nice Ohio range. Machine gun shoot was cool. Nice pistol shoot class.
That AR type shotgun is really neat.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Great video great editing, I really like the things Mark Krebs is doing, I read the articles in the G&A Book of the AK about his new works. Love that super nice Ohio range. Machine gun shoot was cool. Nice pistol shoot class.

That AR type shotgun is really neat.

Thanks.

Yeah, Marc is working on some neat stuff.  We're heading out to do some shooting again here in a week or so and I'll have a chance to do some more shooting with the 6.5 with some recent improvements and also it's looking like I might get some trigger time on another new prototype that has me pretty excited.  Of course, I'll post the video here.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#38]
a 6.5 grendel AK (or sig) would be nice, if the ammo was affordable
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Awesome video!

Your channel never disappoints, Sturm.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

How does $189 per case sound?  Wolf confirmed that they will be importing it this summer.  It is really coming.  It's already in production and we're just a couple of months from it being on shelves, or so they say.  This is for steel cased ammo which would be ideal for target practice.  But you can always reload the good stuff for target shooting too.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Awesome video!

Thanks man, I do appreciate it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Awesome video!

Agreed

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How does $189 per case sound?  Wolf confirmed that they will be importing it this summer.  It is really coming.  It's already in production and we're just a couple of months from it being on shelves, or so they say.  This is for steel cased ammo which would be ideal for target practice.  But you can always reload the good stuff for target shooting too.

How does it sound?  It sounds like I need to start sweet-talking the wife into a couple more gun projects, that's how it sounds....
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#44]
6.5 for $189 a case is low enough that I would consider buying an upper in that caliber.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#45]
I think the real cost will be the rifle (probably $$$$)  and magazines
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#46]
The Sig 6.5 is definitely on my wish list .

Loved the video !
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top