Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2008 4:23:41 PM EDT
I got my RPK back last week, ran it to the range, and put a few hundred rounds through it with absolute perfection.

The initial problem was that every 50-80 rounds or so, the bolt carrier would ride right over the rounds in the magazine.  I'd get a click instead of a boom.  After trying to diagnose it here, I got a good handle on what the problem was- something with the amount of material on the selector plate.

Anyways, I called Vector, talked with one of their techs, and he diagnosed the problem.  He figured it was exactly what the ARFCOM docs here had figured, and told me a UPS return label was on the way.  

I boxed up my AK, sent it back to them (at their expense), and a few weeks later, I got it back in absolutely perfect shape.

What is really sweet is the extra stuff they did.  The RPK 74 came to me without a little detent in the reciever to keep the safety down.  I asked if they would add one.  They did, and they also refinished the area.  It looks perfect.

The magazine well was also tight.  I asked them to loosen it up a bit, and sure enough, they did...and they refinished that area too.  Looks perfect.

The safety was also very tough to move up and down.  I asked them to address this, and they did.  Moves very smooth, works perfect.

Long story short, they fixed my rifle, and went to the extra trouble of checking out the other "issues" I addressed and fixing them completely.

HUGE props to Vector.

From what I have seen, it is very very rare that anyone has an issue with their product line.  But rest assured that if you do, they WILL take care of you and help you out with the little extras as well.

After reading about MORE horror stories about Arsenal, I figured I'd post this up so people could see what a GOOD AK builder does when their customers have an issue.

If only they made more 5.45 AK's........
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not surprised on either account. 1. that "we" were right about the problem and 2. that Vector supported their customer. Beer and gold stars for everyone involved!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have said it 1000x   Vector IS quality.....they actually CARE about their customers.......big props for them
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top