Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/12/2011 3:56:45 PM EDT
Ok so here's the short version..

September 2010: I placed an order with Lancaster for a NJ compliant milled 3060.  
At that time I was told it would ship in 10 days so I mailed the money order and FFL.    

June 2011: still no rifle! .  
Over the past 9 months I have called/emailed with so many excuses I lost count.
Now over the past few weeks I've tried calling and don't even get an answer!
I even went as far as contacting some of the dealers listed on the site to see if they had contact information, but all have stopped doing business with Lancaster for similar issues.

I have made a complaint with the BBB, but they haven't responded to them either so they can't do anything more.  
I didn't want it to come to this but Im thinking my next step is to file a theft report with the Goodyear PD.

Has anyone had a similar experience or some insight on what else I can do?  
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
read the customer comments section on their own website. Lancaster is a terrible company based on several complaints like yours.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
contact the attorney general. thats the only thing that worked for me
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
contact the attorney general. thats the only thing that worked for me

That seems to be the only solution for dealing with Lancaster.  Don't see how they are still in business.
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea that's what I just did, so we shall see how it goes.  Keeping my fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 6/12/2011 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact the atf,
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]

This thread seems strangely familiar... but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a similar scenario.  I have tried the Attorney General, local police, BBB, etc.....no luck so far.  I almost fell out of my chair the first time someone at Lancaster actually answered the phone after 30+ calls over several months.  Seems almost like theft is allowed these days.

For those that have gotten the Attorney General to take some action, how long did that take before you got a reply?  Any advice?
Link Posted: 6/13/2011 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Lancaster Arms.  I almost put in an order for their AK47 pistol last year.   But, after reading ALL the NEGATIVE REVIEWS about the POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.  I've even read about customers on-line who have already paid Lancaster Arms for their AK, have not received their AK's 4-5 months after they made their payment.  "THAT GAVE ME THE RED FLAG NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH LANCASTER ARMS."    Good luck on your case and I hope you get your money back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I spoke with a state agency and they stated that Lancaster, while not out of business, is a shell of what they used to be ( 2 employees down from 30) due to some business challenges (lost contracts and losses associated with parts problems from a supplier - barrels).  A "promise" has been made to fill orders by the end of the summer.  I am not sure that promise is worth anything.  Given the massive reduction in staff, I would be surprised if their voicemail system ever gets listened to and their emails ever get read.  If you don't receive your orders by the end of August then there might be some action.  However, if they file for bankruptcy then I think we are likely S.O.L.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#10]
NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER SEND MONEY WHEN DOING BUSINESS OVER THE PH OR ON THE NET. do all purchases on a credit card. so if you don't recieve your item you can do a charge back on the vendor and get your $$$$$ back. sorry to hear that you got fucked without any lube.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I spoke with a state agency and they stated that Lancaster, while not out of business, is a shell of what they used to be ( 2 employees down from 30) due to some business challenges

Like building rifles that beat themselves apart, failing to deliver rifles that had been paid for, refusing to speak to customers, repeatedly lying to those customers that somehow reached them ...
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Any luck getting a REFUND??
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top