Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2015 4:29:08 PM EDT
I have this WASR10 postban rifle I am trying to upgrade. My goal is to have a nice barebones example of an AKM that is fun to shoot, and have the ability to mount my aimpoint to it if I ever go deer hunting. I have a spare, kind of beat up, Aimpoint pro sitting around an collecting dust that I think might be a nice addition. I'd very much like the ability to take the aimpoint off and have a rack grade AKM. The rifle itself, crappy trigger and all, seems to shoot about 3-4 MOA with horrible sights and crappy wolf ammo. I think it can be made into a very nice short range deer rifle.

I've been looking at the Midwest Industries mount and the RS Regulate mount.

MI mount.

RS regulate mount.

I was wondering how well these mounts work. I'm also wondering if there are any other mounts I am overlooking that do the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several of the RS mounts, they are outstanding in every regard.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Either one will work great.

I've got a MI AKSM with a vortex micro dot (possibly temporarily, though) that works good on my 74.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Have both, both solid. The MI is solid, minimal fuss.  The RS has more parts and pieces but is much more flexible if you like adjusting/changing things.  

both co-witness and quick/no tool detach.

ETA: I don't know of any other quality mounts that do what these do, foreign or us made.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaning towards the Midwest because it is cheaper and simpler. Is the optic centered above the bore with the Midwest mount?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes. May be off by half a mm +- depending on rifle type, I don't notice any offset on my wasr.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Adjustment was the big reason I went RS over MI.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I went ahead and ordered the Midwest mount. Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]
If you can find one, the older RS AKM 30mm mount is my favorite with an aimpoint.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top