Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/10/2015 9:31:22 PM EDT
Hey guys, I recently got a wasr 10/63. Its got everything I could want already on it but the light it came with is red led and id like a white led.my question is, how does the led handle recoil? Can I find a well built but relatively inexpensive ~$30 or so true led light and be ok? A real led to me is the square thing that doesn't even resemble a bulb, not the cheesy multi bulbed wanna be crap.anyway, the pressure switch part I dont know if I need yet. This is my first AK and I need to handle it some before deciding on a setup but would like the option later if need be. I understand that asking alot trying to be cheap. The current setup is Samson rails with a mount to hold a 1in tube light. I'd like to stay with that to save cash since I'm still a noob. I'm only being cheap because of that. I dont wanna spend big money just to find out I dont like it. Any help, suggestions, or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It's very hard to find something in that price range that I can recommend. Your best bet would be to patiently wait for any sales that might pop up. In the last two years I've picked up a few acceptable lights on sale for less than $50.

Keepshooting.com has occasionally had special buys on Ledwave lights. The only one I see there right now under $50 is the Z-1 Kommando, which is xenon, not LED. I have one and it's a great light, but I've never tried mounting it to a rifle.

Woot! occasionally has "Smith & Wesson M&P" lights under $50. I have no idea who the OEM is for these. I bought an M&P 6 model light a while back on a lark and I've been happy with it. It's been mounted on an M4gery for about 6mos with no issues.

Streamlight Polytac. Now we're getting closer to $30 and you don't have to wait for a sale. This is my least favorite of the three, but it's not a bad light. I have one mounted on a shotgun but I've never tested its durability. My handgun-mounted Streamlight TLRs have been very durable, so I have expect this one is too. You can pick these up for $35-$40 all day and it should work out of the box with the mount you have.

ETA: none of these comes with a pressure switch, but I believe they will all work with one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for a great reply. I understand that "cheap" becomes expensive when u have to replace "cheap" repeatedly. Your response was exactly what I was looking for. Not "cheap" as in crap, but cheap as far as not throwing money out the window. I guess I should have asked for the best "value" buy. I put stuff in quotations not to be a "smartass" but because each of those words carry a definition formed by opinions. Anyway, thanks again!!!
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top