Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/9/2010 7:27:02 AM EDT
I just received an email from Kalinka about these. They are designed to center and co-witness an Aimpoint M2/M3 RDS. I have also seen them posted on a few other websites today but haven't seen anything yet on the AK forums here.
http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/posp-pso-aimpoint-to-ak-saiga-vepr-centered-side-mount-w-30-mm-heavy-duty-ring-tim-heffron-special-limited-edition-2.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads-up, I've been waiting on these Gen II pieces.  I ordered one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice. Anyone have a link to pics with this mount installed on a rifle with an Aimpoint? I'd love to see the co-witness pics too.

Tex78
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Very nice. Anyone have a link to pics with this mount installed on a rifle with an Aimpoint? I'd love to see the co-witness pics too.

Tex78
From the AK Forum (Link: http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112923)

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Well son of a bizkit!

That's exactly what I've been waiting on. Now if they can just figure a way to mount a Micro (or copy) in the same position, they'd have the market cornered.

I guess I know what I'm gonna do with my Chinese Aimpoint wanna-be when I get the real deal for my AR later.

Tex78
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well son of a bizkit!

That's exactly what I've been waiting on. Now if they can just figure a way to mount a Micro (or copy) in the same position, they'd have the market cornered.

I guess I know what I'm gonna do with my Chinese Aimpoint wanna-be when I get the real deal for my AR later.

Tex78

The older version of the mount has a bit longer base I think. You could try taking off the ring from the mount, and taking off the Micro mount from the sight and, using the rds mounts base as a template, drill holes in the BP mount and then attach the Micro directly to the side mount.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just received an email from Kalinka about these. They are designed to center and co-witness an Aimpoint M2/M3 RDS. I have also seen them posted on a few other websites today but haven't seen anything yet on the AK forums here.
http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=929

That looks like just what I need for my Aimpoint M4. smart people at Kalinka
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think the M4 will work with these, only the M2/M3 Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The potential applications of this mount go beyond Aimpoints.  I have no intention of using an Aimpoint in the one I have coming.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The potential applications of this mount go beyond Aimpoints.  I have no intention of using an Aimpoint in the one I have coming.

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link is broken.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think the M4 will work with these, only the M2/M3 Aimpoints.

Guess I will be staying with my trusty UTG mount. I never have used my BUIS so it's not a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link is broken.

Probably sold out.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Link is broken.

Probably sold out.

Looks that way. I will send them an email and ask.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 2:32:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Care to elaborate?

I'm going to use it with a PK-23.  If I can get a PK-23 to co-witness, that would be fantastic.  Even if it doesn't co-witness, it'll still be lower than any side mount out there.  We shall see...

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#16]
so is it the concenus that these are sold out?.... i need, i need...
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, Kalinka is quick today.  I already have a tracking number for my mount.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered my scope from Kalinka Tuesday had it in my hand Friday.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Are these mounts all sold out? Does anybody have a phone number for Kalinka optics to check stock?

JC
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#21]
It looks like they are sold out
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Limited offer but they would be crazy not to make another batch given the overwhelming response by buyers.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#23]
How much were they?
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

How much were they?

$55

Link Posted: 1/10/2010 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Limited offer but they would be crazy not to make another batch given the overwhelming response by buyers.

Hope so.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 12:26:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh man, this just solved SO many decision making problems I was having with my SGL-21. Outfuckingstanding work Kalinka.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 1:23:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Sweet. I'd rather go this route with an aimpoint knock off than the Ultimak rail.

Quoted:

Quoted:

How much were they?

$55

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Just heard from Kalinka, they are sold out, but will be getting 50 more next month.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Weight?
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I really like that.  Right now I am running an Ultimak and a H1 Konus knock off.  While it works well, I would rather have this setup with a larger viewing area of a M2/3.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#31]
For those that missed the pics on Kalinka's site, here they are courtesy of Belloc on the AK Forum:

Link Posted: 1/12/2010 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm interested in getting one of these but the site has crashed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm interested in getting one of these but the site has crashed.

They're out of stock until next month anyway.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I will have to try one of these when they become available again.  I was hoping this was what Larue was going to come out with when they were talking about making an AK mount.  The Russians better start making this in larger numbers before the Chinese steal the idea and sell them for 1/2 the price!
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine is in hand. I also had one the first types and followed Belloc's lead on modifying it to center and take a Aimpoint style optic.  You can see the original mount pre-mods here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=325&t=173865&page=8 I was looking at getting a Primary Arms clone for it since my Strikefire doesn't co-witness even after the mods, but I decided to wait until the new version got here.

It does center well on my WASR10, the MAK90 rail is thinner so it is still slightly off center but better than the stock first version of the mount. Came with two pins that I don't recall my other two Kalinka mounts coming with, looks to be the same pins that are used close to the screws where the rail bracket mets the rest of the mount, but I have no clue what to do with them. One other note is that it has shorter flat head screws to the ring this time instead of longer hex head on the previous mount. I personally prefer the hex head and may switch them out.

Like the previous version after the modifications, I still don't have a co-witness with the Strikefire on either rifle. If someone comfirms that it indeed does co-witness with an Aimpoint (or even Priamry Arms clone) and the rear at BSZ setting I'll keep it (I can get a co-witness with the elevation up to 500-600m), if not I'm selling/returning it.

ED- made link hot
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I will have to try one of these when they become available again.  I was hoping this was what Larue was going to come out with when they were talking about making an AK mount.  The Russians better start making this in larger numbers before the Chinese steal the idea and sell them for 1/2 the price!

What I have noticed is  Larue  is selling the Aimpoint M4 with their ARM type lever mount without the Killfire device. For the same price everyone else is selling the Aimpoint M4 with it's own Mil Spec. mount and with the $39 dollar Killfire device included.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Received mine today as well.  Let the fun and games begin.  Should be able to get the new set-up to the range on Friday.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm definately interested to see this mount with the PK23 LM, post some pics when you can

Z
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Woo-Hoo!!  Co-Witness!!!

Got my mount late this afternoon.  Nicely made and easy to attach.  Photos are with Primary Arms M3 Multi-recticle.   It DOES co-witness - although it's at the absolute bottom of the M3 tube.  Center is perfect too.  This is good enough for me.  No more frying optics on an Ultimak.  I'll try to get through-the-sight photos tomorrow when the light is better.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/floridaphilxd/AK/tn_Aksiderail2.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/floridaphilxd/AK/tn_Aksiderail1.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/floridaphilxd/AK/tn_Akmountabove.jpg

Link Posted: 1/13/2010 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Received mine today as well.  Let the fun and games begin.  Should be able to get the new set-up to the range on Friday.
You're going leave us hangin' like that.  Does it co-witness with the PK23?

Quoted:
Woo-Hoo!!  Co-Witness!!!

Got my mount late this afternoon.  Nicely made and easy to attach.  Photos are with Primary Arms M3 Multi-recticle.   It DOES co-witness - although it's at the absolute bottom of the M3 tube.  Center is perfect too.  This is good enough for me.  No more frying optics on an Ultimak.  I'll try to get through-the-sight photos tomorrow when the light is better.
Great to know, looks like Primary Arms will be getting my order soon.

Link Posted: 1/13/2010 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Is the size of the Primary Arms the same as an Aimpoint?  If the co-witness is that close to the bottom of the tube of the Primary Arms clone, I want to make sure it will co-witness with an AImpoint.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Woo-Hoo!!  Co-Witness!!!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/floridaphilxd/AK/tn_Aksiderail2.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/floridaphilxd/AK/tn_Aksiderail1.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/floridaphilxd/AK/tn_Akmountabove.jpg

Great shots, thanks. If I could make a request, when taking a through the tube pic, could you set the rear sight leaf to the battle sight zero (one back from where it is now)? This would put the rear sight just a bit higher in the optic.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#43]
I apologize for the quality of these pics, I didn't spend a lot of time taking them.
The PK-23 does co-witness with the rear sight on the battlefield setting, drop the sight to the 100 meter setting and you lose the co-witness.  Good enough for me.
The mount is centered and solid.  I did have to shorten the 2 screws that secure the ring to the mount.  They were a tad too long and were protruding into the inside of the ring.  They would have left some nice dimples/dents in my PK-23 had I not noticed it before mounting the optic.  Minor issue in my mind but something to watch out for.
Overall, I am quite satisfied with this mount and may consider getting a second one when they are back in stock at Kalinka.

Link Posted: 1/14/2010 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Outstanding. Thanks. Any pics through the tube you can post?
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#46]
can we get some pics of the co witness Please
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#47]
I NEED this
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
can we get some pics of the co witness Please

They're not the best quality since it was hard to get my camera to focus on the front sight, but if you look at my pictures through the Strikefire with the elevations adjusted (2nd and 4th shots down the optic) and you'll see about what the co-witness would look like on BSZ elevation with a Aimpoint.  It is a very bottom co-witness.  The Ultimak can have a slightly higher one but you are never going to get a middle co-witness on an AK with standard irons.
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone have any idea what the additional 2 small pins that included with the mount are for?

Link Posted: 1/14/2010 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#50]
They look like the size that go into the pin holes that Liquidmetal have close to the screws that hold the rail bracket to the rest of the mount. But they already have pins in them and then you look at yours and you don't seem to have those holes at all.  I'll email Kalinka about it tomorrow if somebody doesn't have an answer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top