Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2010 10:27:16 AM EDT
I need compliance parts on my century AK. Wondering if these are OK mags?
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Get the Bulgarian circle (10) Mags with the US Mfg. followers and base plate, from K-Var.com
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
They suck.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They suck.

Are you posting about the K-Var Bulgarian circle (10) Mags? If so give some facts as to why they as you posted Quote: suck.end of Quote:
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They suck.

he's talking about the thermold mags

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had some, they were ok for range use. I wouldn't bet my life on them though. I'd even go so far as to say the Tapco's are better than the Thermold's. I'd honestly replace something else on the rifle if you need compliance parts, and use imported steel mags or the Bulgarian waffle mags if you can afford them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I would say that Thermolds are the worst AK magazine, even compared to other US made magazines.  The most important reason is that they don't have an anti-tilt follower like TAPCOs and Promags.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They suck.

Are you posting about the K-Var Bulgarian circle (10) Mags? If so give some facts as to why they as you posted Quote: suck.end of Quote:

I was making the statement to the OP.

My main problem with them was the front locking lug being supper thin. Only mag I could force out by hand when locked in.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Last trip to the range I put 150 rounds through my AK using Finnish poly, Bulgarian circle 10 poly, Chinese steel, and Thermold. Had 1 misfeed, and it was from the Thermold.

If you are using them for the range they will do the job just fine, if for self defense then use anything but American mags...
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#9]
While I have never used or seen a Thermold for an AK, I use them all the time in my AR & Daewoo. I have 1 in my hand now, & yes, the follower does tilt. However in the 10 years I've been using them, I've never had a FTF, or any problem at all. So while I can't really say how well they work in an AK, the 20 or so I have for .223 have been perfect. In my AK's I use the Bulgy waffle mags, & Chinese 30 rounders.  GARY  N4KVE
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I was given a thermold magazine originally with my AK-47.  I also purchased several clear Pro-mags. I had FTF problems with all of the magazines.

I have since replaced all magazines with surplus Eastern European and have only had one FTF in ~1800 rounds which was attributed to one bad round of Wolf FMJ.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get the Bulgarian circle (10) Mags with the US Mfg. followers and base plate, from K-Var.com

Bulgarian circle (10) are GTG. The others are not so good.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top