Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/20/2008 7:16:05 PM EDT
NOTE::: the "circle 10" Bulgarian marks on these NEW  (made in bulgaria) AK mags!!!!

Info from COPES DIST. and 2 other sources

UPDATE::::>>>> "Bulgaria bought the tooling to make them... Bulgarian copies of the Chinese 75rd drum for commercial sale here in the US"

UPDATE::: Called copes, they confirmed they got in 5000 of these babies, AND said that several other dist. is getting these drums. Asked about price dropping on these, and he said they were already selling A LOT of them, but certainly DID admit that due to more coming in country, AND other places (he didnt name the other Distrs.) getting them, that PRICE WOULD "almost certainly drop at some point!!!!!"

<Edited..........dpmmn>
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You guys in free states should consider selling your chinese preban mags to us in ban states and buy brand new ones. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if the price is right, that's nice.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Where and when can we find these? I need a few for my AES.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Please keep us informed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
ost
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Please keep us informed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supposedly, those pictures are from COPES DIST. but they are not for sale "YET"
nor is the price known "YET"

Time to pop the cork on something and get snickered

"Celebrate good times com' on!! ....Were gonna celebrate now......."
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Was there an email that I missed?

I feel left out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been considering an AK, what round is that drum mag designed for?  I'd like to go 7.62x39 because it's supper cheap, but if the good stuff like this mag is for another round, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Was there an email that I missed?

I feel left out.

its one of those "breaking news"  sorts of deals.

imagine Knob Creek in 2 months, there will be a  PISSLOAD OF THESE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!

ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've been considering an AK, what round is that drum mag designed for?  I'd like to go 7.62x39 because it's supper cheap, but if the good stuff like this mag is for another round, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wes

i at LEAST  do know for certain they are 75 ROUND  7.62 X 39  drums, made in Bulgaria on Chinese machinery/stamps
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#11]
tagarooni

Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:39:08 PM EDT
[#12]
you can pick up "real" Chinese 75rd drums for the same price, yes? ...
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Duuuuude,,  PRICE IS UNKNOWN on these as of yet, soooooooo

could be $100 each, or less,  WHO KNOWS man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think man, with an unlimited supply COMING from Bulgaria,  the price would HAVE to be on the "damn cheaper than current chinese drum prices"
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
tagarooni

A big +1 on that!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

think man, with an unlimited supply COMING from Bulgaria,  the price would HAVE to be on the "damn cheaper than current chinese drum prices"

I know price is a Rumor, but damnit man WHATIF!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]
They are $159.99 - not too far from the price of an actual pre-ban Chinese drum.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Cope's is taking pre-orders on these.  Price is $159.99.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
 I know price is a Rumor, but damnit man WHATIF!!!!

REGARDLESS of price, it WILL do one thing,  SLAM DOWN the price on ALL existing "chinese" drum mags....period

with a constant supply steaming here from Bulgaria......its a NO BRAINER!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hmmm, surely that price TOO will drop once enough crapload of these drums hit the market.

after the "holy crap" factor wears off and they sell a few 1000 of em,  theyll all the sudden have a price drop.

same as everything,  the "First ones" always most expensive.

some OTHER DIST. will get them, and price will SURE AS HELL drop.

hehehe
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]
With there being an abundance of them I would imagine give it time and they will be around for 100-120.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Welcome to last week.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Iv'e got a Chinese one from 20 years ago. Fired it for the first time last week. Thing kicked ass.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#24]
$159?  I can't imagine it costs that much to manufacture.  I'll wait a little bit for prices to come down, I think.  That's almost a case of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
$159?  I can't imagine it costs that much to manufacture.  I'll wait a little bit for prices to come down, I think.  That's almost a case of ammo.

its VERY unlikely copes has ANY exclusive rights on these drums from Bulgaria, for sure

2 more distributors get ahold of them, and BOOM, instant price drop.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#26]
TAG for later
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Holy shiza, can we say $80 drums? Put me down for 5 sum1 plz
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They are Bulgarian

Yah, bulgaria makes the best AK mags.

i changed the original post

exactly the same design and operation as the Chinese drums are
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Easy on the redbulls there surfer. Price from copes is $159.99.

And, quoted from Copes over on TOS.

There will be a limited supply of these drums.. so get your pre-order in today.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Holy shiza, can we say $80 drums? Put me down for 5 sum1 plz

Try doubling that

theres NO WAY price will stay at that, regardless, the price will drop.

same way price drops on  40rd  Bulgarian mags about every 2 years or so, then goes up again as if the mags are "drying up "  heheheheh
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I would buy one for $90 but not anything more because I like the look, function and sub $100 price of Romy drums.
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn, any1 got a # to the bulgys, I wonder how much to have them shipped to my door.(Groupbuy anyone?)
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#36]
tagalicious
Link Posted: 8/20/2008 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Duuuuude,, PRICE IS UNKNOWN on these as of yet, soooooooo

could be $100 each, or less, WHO KNOWS man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think man, with an unlimited supply COMING from Bulgaria, the price would HAVE to be on the "damn cheaper than current chinese drum prices"  

+1 on the chill pills.    And since a LOT of speculation on price reductions of original, pre-ban Chinese drums has been made due to the arrival of these drum magazines, I'd like to throw my thinking out there as well.  I believe this will do next to nothing regarding bringing the price down on the Chinese-marked ones.  

Collectors have a knack of associating unique traits and prices to everything.  These new magazines are just another variation of a (Chinese) drum magazine - not a substitute for one.  For the numerous collectors, this one will probably be referred to as the "Bulgarian-Chinese 75rd Drum Magazine" variant.  Because of its unique way it was permitted to be imported into the US, it will have a collector value all its own.  And imagine if there's even a few interesting, collectible differences with these magazines themselves.  In fact, once they're sold out, expect them to cost a little more thanks to the many and growing number of Kalashnikov enthusiasts out there.  In time, they'll probably also command prices in the range of what the Chinese-marked ones are now.  I'm no expert or psychic, but I've been around the hobby for a little while and have a modest collection of Kalashnikov rifles/clones, bayonets, magazines, and accessories for the Kalashnikov.  From 20+ years of observation, scrounging, and peddling wares in this hobby, I simply foresee the complete opposite of what's being said about pre-ban Chinese drum prices dropping.    

The price of a pre-ban, Chinese-marked drum magazine will undoubtedly not be affected at all by this - there's too few of those magazines out there now for the overwhelming number of folks wanting them for any number of reasons.  But this is just one member's $.02 on the subject.  It's great to hear everyone's ideas hear, though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Haha that's retarded.

Every day I get more and more happy that I got into AKs and bought tons of stuff right after the AWB ended. Things are so picked over, dried up, and overpriced now it isn't funny.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 4:58:46 AM EDT
[#39]
taggety
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:14:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I love Copes
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Duuuuude,, PRICE IS UNKNOWN on these as of yet, soooooooo

could be $100 each, or less, WHO KNOWS man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think man, with an unlimited supply COMING from Bulgaria, the price would HAVE to be on the "damn cheaper than current chinese drum prices"  

+1 on the chill pills.    And since a LOT of speculation on price reductions of original, pre-ban Chinese drums has been made due to the arrival of these drum magazines, I'd like to throw my thinking out there as well.  I believe this will do next to nothing regarding bringing the price down on the Chinese-marked ones.  

Collectors have a knack of associating unique traits and prices to everything.  These new magazines are just another variation of a (Chinese) drum magazine - not a substitute for one.  For the numerous collectors, this one will probably be referred to as the "Bulgarian-Chinese 75rd Drum Magazine" variant.  Because of its unique way it was permitted to be imported into the US, it will have a collector value all its own.  And imagine if there's even a few interesting, collectible differences with these magazines themselves.  In fact, once they're sold out, expect them to cost a little more thanks to the many and growing number of Kalashnikov enthusiasts out there.  In time, they'll probably also command prices in the range of what the Chinese-marked ones are now.  I'm no expert or psychic, but I've been around the hobby for a little while and have a modest collection of Kalashnikov rifles/clones, bayonets, magazines, and accessories for the Kalashnikov.  From 20+ years of observation, scrounging, and peddling wares in this hobby, I simply foresee the complete opposite of what's being said about pre-ban Chinese drum prices dropping.    

The price of a pre-ban, Chinese-marked drum magazine will undoubtedly not be affected at all by this - there's too few of those magazines out there now for the overwhelming number of folks wanting them for any number of reasons.  But this is just one member's $.02 on the subject.  It's great to hear everyone's ideas hear, though.

The Bulgarians didn't buy the tooling from china to make a limited #.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'll let other people buy them at that price and test them out. After they have been out for a few months we'll see about function and price. I can buy a lot of 40 round mags for $160 if need be.

BSW
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll let other people buy them at that price and test them out. After they have been out for a few months we'll see about function and price. I can buy a lot of 40 round mags for $160 if need be.

BSW

THat means...Brian Smith wins!
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
The Bulgarians didn't buy the tooling from china to make a limited #.  

And that's about the only thing that can be said for sure.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
They are $159.99 - not too far from the price of an actual pre-ban Chinese drum.  

$159.99???

Anyone who pays that price is a FOOL.

10 years ago DURING THE BAN (when supplies were nil), I paid $75 each for 2 Chinese mags just like these (which was the standard going rate in Shotgun News). Even accounting for inflation, now that there is no more ban, $160 is a RIPOFF!!!. They should be selling them for $60, not 160.

They can keep 'em.
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$159.99???

Anyone who pays that price is a FOOL.

10 years ago DURING THE BAN (when supplies were nil), I paid $75 each for 2 Chinese mags just like these (which was the standard going rate in Shotgun News). Even accounting for inflation, now that there is no more ban, $160 is a RIPOFF!!!. They should be selling them for $60, not 160.

They can keep 'em.

and AK ammo used to be $40 per 1000

and a 1911 used to be $60 in the sears catalog

and gold used to be $20 an ounce

and Milled Arsenal SA93 used to be $400,  now its  $900.....

WELCOME TO LAST YEAR

UPDATE::: Called copes, they confirmed they got in 5000 of these babies, AND said that several other dist. is getting these drums. Asked about price dropping on these, and he said they were already selling A LOT of them, but certainly DID admit that due to more coming in country, AND other places (he didnt name the other Distrs.) getting them, that PRICE WOULD "almost certainly drop at some point!!!!!"
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Where is the link to this info?
Link Posted: 8/21/2008 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Where is the link to this info?

its called the TELEPHONE, call copes

not everything is online
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top