Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2016 12:36:40 AM EDT
I own a Miculek Compensator. I love it, it works and its been tested to be tried and true against many, many comps way more expensive than the JM. But, unfortunately I've neglected to keep it clean like I do the rest of my rifle due to my incompetence on compensator care. Now I have lots of fouling / copper residue in the slots of the comp. How do you suppose I can get this out? Will and does this fouling affect accuracy and recoil reduction?

Thank you for your help in advance! I really appreciate a community as this.

Currently have the slots filled with cloth soaked in Hoppes Copper Bore Cleaner. I will then take a brass brush to them. However, I believe I will be picking at it a lot! Do the slots have raised centers?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I never clean any of my rifle brakes, and have I put a LOT of rounds through them over many many years. The fouling builds to a certain level, then stabilizes. The fouling should not significantly impact performance. Just shoot it and stop worrying.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Soak it in solvent then hit with a brass brush.

I'd just keep shooting it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Submerge it completely in solvent till the next time you need it then take a brass brush to it, finish won't be affected so don't worry about that

Edit. Should have read the post above me
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top