Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2016 2:19:29 PM EDT
I cleaned my 1911 with FireClean about 5 months ago, and I took it out of my fast access safe and now it's more like glue than a lube. The slide only moves in slow motion.
This stuff may be great if you get to the range often, but I wouldn't use it as a bedside gun that's safe kept.  

I like that the stuff is low odor and clean to work with, but take precaution if it's a gun that you depend on to protect your family.
I've read frog lube does this, but I didn't know Fireclean has the same issues.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Crisco will do that
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Any lube that claims to be "bio-degradable" is not wise to use one firearms for storage. They will degrade over time as advertised.

If you shoot often and clean and lube often I doubt you'll have any issues.

I've had the same issue with Fire clean.
I have several firearms which I lubed well and put away. They were gummed up and the lube had turned brown.

I since only use all synthetic lubes like Slip EWL.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
File that crap in the trash can and go with Slip EWL
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top