Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2016 4:08:26 PM EDT
I bought a small supply of Mobil 28 for use with my Geissele triggers. I figured if Mobil 28 and Aeroshell 6 were good enough for Geissele, they'd be more than good enough for me. In the past I've used Superlube (by Synco) for my triggers with great results. With Mobil 28, is it common for the grease to run? I noticed after about 100 rounds that the grease had run all over the hammer, trigger group and inside the lower receiver... I guess I'm used to Superlube staying put after hundreds of rounds. Is this to be expected from Mobil 28? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
is it pretty important to grease trigger sear engagement? i know G supplies grease with his triggers but it always seemed like a dirt magnet to a location i'd rather not have shit git.

will the G triggers wear prematurely without it? i always ran my GI triggers dry.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is it pretty important to grease trigger sear engagement? i know G supplies grease with his triggers but it always seemed like a dirt magnet to a location i'd rather not have shit git.

will the G triggers wear prematurely without it? i always ran my GI triggers dry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's what G recommends:

7. Apply a small amount of lubricant in the following locations as
shown on page 2:
  • Each side of the disconnector above the trigger pin;
  • Hammer and trigger sears;
  • Face of the disconnector;
  • Hammer tail where it contacts the disconnector;
  • Top of each side of the hammer spring where the spring
contacts the receiver wall.

Maintenance of the Geissele triggers consists of occasionally placing a
drop of lubricant on the locations shown in #7 above. Recommended
lubricant is CLP or equivalent; alternatively a high quality grease may be
used on the trigger/hammer sears and disconnector contact surfaces.

Me, I just put a small dab of oil on the springs and contact areas after cleaning everything. I only put grease on the rails of the bcg but oil is used anywhere else.

Mobil 28 is good enough to use. Oiling the trigger is not really important as far as I know. If you're really worried about it wearing out, just buy 2. With the prices of everything now, it seems like a smart idea is to simply buy 2 of anything. Buy 2 triggers, by 2 sets of extra springs, and you'll never have to worry about it from now until your great, great grandkids get ahold of it. By then, your G trigger would still be in the wrapper on some antique road show and someone old dude will tell some story about you like, "Yeah this dude bought two because he was worried about greasing it or something. Look it still has some mobil 28, which stopped producing grease in 2093 when all fossil fuel went away. This is worth billions." You'll make your grandkids rich by doing this so think of it as a investment for future generations.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top