Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2015 9:11:45 PM EDT
So many choices. Otis, Gunslick, etc.
They're all pretty close in price, so why is one better than the other? Which do you guys use? Does it really matter?
Thanks all, Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a USGI  5.56  field cleaning kit under 15 bucks most places is a good back up kit
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I used a USGI for years.
These days multi-cal Otis for field trips and basically a large tackle box with the stuff I like for home, range, etc.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I got the gunslick rod because it's a fiber none marring rod. And then I just added the tips, nylon, bore mop, brass and a jag. Also I think the 5.56 round comes out to .224 so when your looking for tips and rods the. 22 caliber kits work just fine. I think a lot of people actually use the. 22 kits or parts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Boresnake and toothbrushes. I've used everything from GI, Otis, Dewey rod, Pro Shooter's, etc. I always seem to come back to the simple boresnake and toothbrushes.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top