Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 4:24:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2007 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a bit of TW-25B in the cam pin slot as it's a little better under pressure than CLP.  I tend to run way more lube than I need but it makes cleaning up a snap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2007 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I use a bit of TW-25B in the cam pin slot as it's a little better under pressure than CLP.  I tend to run way more lube than I need but it makes cleaning up a snap.

What is TW-25B ?

Googled it.  Never mind.
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How not to lube an AR by Bigbore

great link,  thanks for posthing that MRW  
Link Posted: 4/29/2007 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

??? Link doesn't work
Link Posted: 4/29/2007 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

??? Link doesn't work

might have to log into jobrelatestuff.com with your username and password.  then click on that link
Link Posted: 4/29/2007 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
a guy at the range was having problems with his AR.
When I opened his rifle it looked like the underside of a car engine.
His problem, he was dumping oil down his gas tube "to lubricate the piston"
Link Posted: 4/29/2007 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2007 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Larry Vickers on lubing an AR

www.vickerstactical.com/Tips/weaponlubrication.htm

"The golden rule in weapons lubricant is you can run a gun dirty and wet, but not dirty and dry."
Link Posted: 5/13/2007 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/13/2007 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/21/2007 4:11:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2007 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Site for TW25B

http://www.hostonline2001.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=milcomm
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Clicked on this thread for tips and instructions for lubing.
Kind of dissapointing to see nothing more than emotes and links to archives.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 3:24:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thank your fellow ARFCOMMERS. When the info I post is called BS, I pull it down. It’s as simple as that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:12:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank your fellow ARFCOMMERS. When the info I post is called BS, I pull it down. It’s as simple as that.

wtf happened
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a damn shame that got taken down, a good "how to lube" resource is a must.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Can some one repost this thread.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2007 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#20]
You can't overlube the AR-15.  Excess will drip out or blow out of the ejection port in the first few shots.

In addition to what Bigbore does, I put a drop in each "weep hole" on the side of the carrier.  Also, after putting the bolt into the carrier, a drop down around the bolt where it enters the carrier.  A tiny drop on the ejector to soak in around there.

I put a small drop between each bolt lug.

AND NO GREASE!
Link Posted: 10/21/2007 3:10:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I am of the opinion that the AR-15 runs better wet.  I have resolved issues with malfunctioning AR-15 rifles for other people by using a generous amount of lubricant.

Link Posted: 10/23/2007 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]
At the range a fellow at the next bench was having trouble with his AR.  It was pretty dry.  He asked for my help after seeing that the four AR's I was shooting had no malfunctions all afternoon.

I said, "Watch this magical trick."  I pulled back the charging handle about an inch and poured a huge glob, about a tablespoon, of Breakfree CLP in his ejection port on the side of carrier and bolt.  I worked the charging handle a few times to spread it around, and handed it back to him.  "Now shoot it."

It sprayed out a bunch of oil the first two or three shots, and then functioned perfectly the rest of the afternoon.

I rest my case.
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Larry Vickers on lubing an AR

www.vickerstactical.com/Tips/weaponlubrication.htm

"The golden rule in weapons lubricant is you can run a gun dirty and wet, but not dirty and dry."

as soon as he mentioned miltec, he lost all creditibility with me i prefer eezox, it's the shit!
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Sometime not too long ago, I posted about a "semi scientific" test I did on two of my AR's.  I searched my saved threads, but must have deleted it, as it's not there, so I'll try and give the Readers Digest version.

I have always run my AR's very wet, to the point of getting lube blown about for the first dozen, or so rounds.  Always performed flawlessly, but what was most noticeable was the LACK of visible wear, especially on the lugs.  I finally shot out that barrel, and just ordered a new complete upper.  My experiment on the new upper was to run it with less lube.  Not dry by any means, but lubed where I didn't get lube blowing out for the first few rounds, but still much more than a few drops here and there.

After probably 2-3K rounds, I started seeing very slight wear on the lugs.  I continued to run it with this amount of lube for probably another 2-3K rounds, and the visible wear became more noticeable.  So at this point I had somewhere between 4-6K rounds thru the new barrel, and by this time it had more visible wear than the old barrel that I had shot out.

So, I decided at this point to go back to running it very wet.  The wear seems to have visually slowed down, so running my AR's very wet will be SOP for me.  

ETA: I didn't see the post before it was deleted, so don't know what the content was.  With that said, I have a lot of respect for Quib, and his knowledge, and the effort he puts into the site.  So if my post differs from his beliefs, or methods, this post is in no way a put down of his opinion.  If there is a difference, it's just that and nothing more, simply a difference of opinion.
Link Posted: 10/27/2007 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I believe the original post has pictures of an upper and lower receiver which are basicly packed with grease.

I run lots of lube in my rifle.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top