Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2017 1:51:35 AM EDT
Aero Precision lower, a Geisele SSA-E trigger, shooting suppressed. After approx. 30 rounds the AR dumped the magazine like it was a full auto weapon. I'm confused. From pics I saw in other threads it looks as if my springs are installed properly. The trigger felt great and was expensive. I'd hate to have to install something else.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Aero Precision lower, a Geisele SSA-E trigger, shooting suppressed. After approx. 30 rounds the AR dumped the magazine like it was a full auto weapon. I'm confused. From pics I saw in other threads it looks as if my springs are installed properly. The trigger felt great and was expensive. I'd hate to have to install something else.
View Quote

Maybe post some pics?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It's very easy to get the disconnector spring in wrong, it will cause that malfunction.  The fat end of the spring should be facing down, not up, it retains the spring in the disconnector.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thought I'd throw out an update. First of all I'd like to thank y'all for your input and experience. It greatly appreciated. Laid out a nice clean white towel and disassembled my trigger group and hammer. I found no debris or contamination. Everything seemed to be free and all springs were servicable and installed correctly. All function check seem to be good. In short I can't seem to find an issue. To err on the side of caution, before going to the range again, I'll take the weapon to a trusted gunsmith to have it checked out. I really don't want to get the rangemasters overly excited again. They may not take it as well as the first time I ripped off 8 rounds in auto. They did thank me for not freaking the f&$k out and dropping the gun. I guess that has happened.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Check the length of your pistol grip screw and make sure that it is not protruding above/out of the Lower Receiver, and interfering with the trigger resetting.  I've seen this lots with the replacement pistol grip screws supplied with MagPul pistol grips, but it happens with other brands also.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top