Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2017 3:58:44 AM EDT
I just swapped out my upper for an aero precision one and am now having a problem.

When i pull the bcg back, the carrier will move but the bolt gets stuck in the chamber. Ill release it allowing the carrier to go forward and close completely and on the second time trying to pull the bolt back it will release. Ill drop the bolt and same thing. First pull back stuck, second attempt released.

I never had this problem with the bolt getting stuck on the previous receiver with the same barrel. It was always smooth.

I did the following checks:
     Made sure gas tube not the problem - nope
     Tried a different BCG in the gun - no problems
     Cleaned and clp'd the problem bolt - no effect
     Cleaned chamber - no effect
     Tried problem bolt on another gun - no sticking problem on other gun.
     Tried different charging handle - same thing

Im lost on this, as there was no problem between this bolt and barrel on the old upper, now there is.  

Any ideas or suggestions as to why it is now getting stuck on the first try when i pull back and releasing on the second try??

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:28:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Interference between the charging handle and the new upper?

Does it cycle correctly when fired?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the feed ramps on the barrel extension to make sure they aren't slightly misaligned. The index pin might be bent or sheared.

Swap out the cam pin on your bolt with a known good one.
It might be out of spec.

Are you sure the tail of the BCG isn't hitting or catching somewhere on the receiver extension/buffer tube?  Try cycling the bolt with the upper removed from the lower. Does it still catch on the first pull?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes i did try it without the lower attached and same thing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Could be hanging on the forward assist.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 3:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What did you figure out, OP?  Everything working now?
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top