Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2011 4:49:25 PM EDT
Bought a few of these new B5 Systems SOPMODS that are floating around.  Compare to my LMT SOPMOD, the latch rod that engages the buffer tube is about 2mm too long.  It clicks into place, but the handle below just wobbles around because the engagement rod is too long.

Is there a way to disassemble the latch assembly to I can shave off 2mm on the rod?  I would rather not have to dremmel this thing from inside the tube.  I also assume there is no easy way to adjust this?  There is a flathead screw on the outside of the stock, but it jut spins the entire rod.

B5 Systems

LMT SOPMOD- 2mm lower- where it should be
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same issue.

Yes, the latches are too long. Which is probaly why they ended up surplused.

What i did was removed the latch pin & sping assemply from a spare M4 stock and used it in the B5 stock. Which solved that problem.

The extremely tight fit of the stock body of the receiver extension is a seperate issue.

ETA: disassembly is intuitive. Drive out the roll pin, unscrew the nut. reassemble in reverse order.
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Great advice.  Got the pins out.

Verdict.  The rod it too long and too wide.  Height can be easily modified, but the width will take a bit more labor.  Not a fan of removing material from rounded surfaces trying to keep them round.

Width is 7.85mm.  Needs to be 7.6mm

M4 6 pos on left.  B5 on right
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quick work on a lathe,and if you check in your home town forum, may be someone around you that can help you out.

Vice+file+grinding wheel=good enough
Link Posted: 6/6/2011 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Any link to getting these B5 System SOPMOD stocks?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2011 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link to source please?
Link Posted: 6/10/2011 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two of these stocks with the same issues. I removed the roll pin, unscrewed the nut and put an extractor o-ring over the rod. I then assembled it and it is good to go. Those Viton o-rings are pretty tough and I don't adjust my stocks so this should be a permanent fix. Doing this removed all the wobble in the latch.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top