Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:33:05 PM EDT
Yesterday I went to the range with a new RRA lower that I attached to my RRA varmint upper.   I was unable to seat any of my 20rd NHMTG mags.....Strangely enough P-Mags seated fine as well as my 30rd NHMTG mags.  When I got home I looked and looked to try and figure this out.   Oh..upon mating the lower to the upper I had trouble getting them together.  The area in the lower where the rear upper lug sits had to scrape a groove on either side to get them to fit together.

Here is a pic from inside the magwell.  Notice the edge of the upper protruding. They just don't line up properly.    

Has anyone run into this trouble????????

Thanks for your help..

Link Posted: 1/15/2008 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 6:34:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I sure did and I am happy you confirmed my suspicion it is the lower.  I shipped it back to RRA and I am sure they will correct it.

My post is located at

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=38&t=158099

In response to another poster having the same issue.

They'll fix it - good people.
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 1:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I called RRA and they also gave me an RMA#.  I will ship it out tommorow and give you an update when my issue is resolved.  I was concerned that the wait for a new lower would be forever, but the girl said repairs take priority and they have lowers for that purpose.    We'll see.

Maryland_Shooter,  keep me posted with your progress.    Thanks and good luck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I will keep you posted.  RRA are good people and I am sure they will get it back to me (or us) ASAP.  Mine was picked up yesterday, so let's see how long I wait.  Kinda cold to shoot for me anyway, but you know how it is, ya buy something, ya want it in hand and working!

Now to figure out what my next RRA configuration will be!
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 3:07:41 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA called yesterday and are sending me a new lower, so my suspicion was correct.  It left the factory as a stripped lower and the dealer (not someone I will deal with again) slapped on the upper, didn't check the fit, didn't give me the owner's manual and case, then ignored my many calls about the above issues.

What can I say - the true measure of a company is how they take care of problems and RRA gets an A+.  They are sending the case and manual as well. I'm sure they will take care of your issue as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2008 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
RRA looked at it and send back a new lower.  Now since the numbers for the lower I bought and the lower I recieved as a replacement aren't the same on the People's Republic of Maryland,I am wondering if I will have any issues later?

In any case, RRA sent me the new lower, the case the freaking idiot dealer didn't give me as well as an owners manual.

Turn around had to be less than a week.

Thanks RRA!
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I received a new lower yesterday.  I built it up and the fit is perfect.  All mags including my NHMTG 20rd and PMags work fine. Hopefully I won't run into any trouble on my next trip to the range.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#8]
New lower runs flawlessly.  What a pain in the arse though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#9]
OP,

Can you post a pic of the new lower and upper in your original thread?  I would really like to see it from the same angle as your original pic so I can get an idea of what it should look like.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Replacement RRA lower on the same upper.  Notice no protrusion of upper beyond the front of magwell.  I have about 200 rds through the new lower, no hiccups and all mags seat and drop freely.  Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 3/13/2008 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
awesome pic... looks like they fixed it up nice for you
Link Posted: 3/14/2008 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#12]
        They did indeed fix the problem, and quickly.  This was not my first AR so it wasn't too big of a deal.  I just slapped my varmint upper on another lower and happily kept shooting.

Now that being said, I think RRA and all manufacturers should at least test fit and function check one product from every manufactured lot.  This either wasn't done or the QC guy/gal was out to lunch.  

There was a guy on here building a rifle up from an RRA lower to be a duty weapon.  If that was me I would definitely been upset.

Good luck!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top