Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2017 9:06:50 PM EDT
I am working on assembling a Front Sight Base that I purchased from Fulton Armory, and have run into an issue.  I am having difficulty getting the front sight to screw into the FSB.  I am assuming that the threads may need cleaned up.  Can anyone tell me what tap I would need to use to chase the threads on an A2 style FSB?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure it is an 8-36. Had to buy one for a messed up base once.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried it without the spring and detent in place?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have tried it without the detent or spring in place and the front sight will just barely start into the threads.  Quite possibly, it may not even be starting it is so shallow.  I may just call Fulton Armory as I really should not be having this type of issue with new parts by my way of thinking.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Fulton.  They stand behind their parts, and it's likely they'll be more than happy to fix things up for you.

You can inspect the sight post's threads pretty easily.  If they look OK, then it's gotta be something wrong with the FSBs internal threads.

But Fulton will take care of you.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top