Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2017 1:46:16 AM EDT
Buying an LMT 10.5" upper for a build. The upper from LMT does not come with a BCG. Should I just spend the extra 200+ bucks and get a BCG from LMT as well, or go with something else? I think I saw a Daniel Defense BCG on sale through Primary arms. Any other brands to consider? $200 is probably the budget for one. Thanks in advance for the help!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy the bcg of your choice, from a reputable source.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't spend $200 on a BCG. I have that same LMT 10.5" upper and put a PSA premium BCG in mine and it's works just fine. Toolcraft is another highly recommended BCG and the price is right, if you can ever find them in stock. I've been on the notify list for months and have yet to get any notification from them when they're back in stock.

Here's a link to a Toolcraft BCG that's nitride coated and it's only $79.99. I've never used a BCG that's nitride coated, I've always used the phosphate coated ones.

Monmouth Reloading-Toolcraft nitride coated BCG
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on PSA premium or TC.

Also AIM and DSA make outstanding bcgs for sub $100.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up two more PSA Premium (blems) for $69.99 the other day, they are the logo'ed version, but no big deal.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked up two more PSA Premium (blems) for $69.99 the other day, they are the logo'ed version, but no big deal.
View Quote

I'm about to order one of those too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm about to order one of those too.
View Quote

I have had no problem with them over the last couple of years, they have been good to go, every gun I have built has these BCG's in them and one of them has 25K round through it, mostly as a bump fire, good enough for what I do.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
$200 is way high for a basic BCG.  

Most of mine have been ordered through PSA, and I don't have any complaints yet.  I run very basic stuff, but always get the MPI bolts.  Not a big deal if they aren't MPI, as I can do that myself, but kind of assuring that they know we're expecting better things from them.  I typically spend $60-100 for a BCG.  Yes I'm cheap.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help yall! Both uppers I've ordered before came with the BCG, so I wasn't too sure on what to get. With the money I'm saving I may just pick up and extra one so I can have a spare!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quick update, I hadn't ordered one yet. Got my daily email from PSA this morning, their Nickel Boron BCG on sale for $109, IIRC. Went ahead and ordered that one. Never shot one, never thought I would own one because of the price. Figured I'd give it a try and see what all the hub bub is about.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:41:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought my Daniel Defense BCG on sale for 154.00. It was between BCM or DD for me. I ultimately went with what was cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw a Daniel Defense on sale, can't remember the price off the top of my head, went to order it the next day, not on sale any more.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top