Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2016 10:13:23 PM EDT
Hey gang!

Finally decided to start building my AR, then promptly lost my job to outsourcing...

SO this will proceed rather slowly...

So far have the Anderson Lower with a Tactical Sh*t lower parts kit. AS this will eventually be an A2 clone I didnt use the polymer guard, but they didnt include the set screw for it anyways. When I told them I didnt get the set screws in the kit they sent me another trigger guard...WITHOUT THE SET SCREWS!!! Way to go TS...

$115 bucks invested so far. Having problems sourcing a 20" GP barrel. All I can find in 20" is HBAR.

What I need is a good source for an A2 upper, I know Del-Ton has them in stock, but I want to see what else is out there.

So any help would be happily accepted!
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the site.
Where in the state are you? I'm in Jax.
I have a mil spec trigger guard and hardware from a spikes LPK you can have.
My last few A2 receivers have come from the equipment exchange here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if this considered hbar or not but seems like excellent price gets super reviews. I think they also have a 6:5 bcg in the sale section of their site. I just got the lightweight 223 wylde from them the other week. Looks great but have yet to assemble it.
6.5 20" spinta arms
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a nice barrel, I should have said I wanted a 5.56, but thanks for for the link, I have heard of that site. Blazer I'm over in Pantymaw sh*tty.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure why I thought you needed a Grendel barrel. I had only been awake a few hours post surgery yesterday when I posted. Must have seen Grendel v GP.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You have a (milspec?) trigger guard that requires set screws and not the typical roll pin?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep and TACSHT didnt include them...

Here is the kit

Sorry for the grainy quality, my Windows phone camera blows...

No idea why some pics show and other leave a link..
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#7]
My lower parts kit didn't include a trigger guard or roll pin.

I believe mine was DPMS. Hit or miss sometimes with lower parts kits?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
maybe this will help as far a s barrel, these are good and shoot well. i have one of their pencil barrels and really like it but it starts stringing shots after the 3rd round, it heats up quickly but that was expected.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/20-inch-556-gov-rifle-cmv-modern-barrel.html

Bruce

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonderful to see another 20" A2 being created!
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
maybe this will help as far a s barrel, these are good and shoot well. i have one of their pencil barrels and really like it but it starts stringing shots after the 3rd round, it heats up quickly but that was expected.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/20-inch-556-gov-rifle-cmv-modern-barrel.html

Bruce    
View Quote

Nice barrel, but like all others out there its out of stock.  Ill add it to my list, Thanks

Anyone ever use one of these?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#11]
you might want to check out Faxon. We put one of there pencil barrel's in my fiancee's AR and it is a great barrel. It also appears to be in stock.

Faxon
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to get a few opinions in the parts I'm considering here...

BCG
Barrel
Stock

Feel free to post addition links, I am looking to build this A2 clone for the least possible while maintaining decent quality. My next rifle will be the "Go Fast" with the wallet killing stuff.

Ok gang, FLAME ON!!!!

So far I am going to be under $700 on this build!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
UPDATE!!!

Leapers A2 is installed, waiting on DEL-TON A2 complete upper and a few other odds and ends to arrive.

This should be complete late next week!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#14]
i can dig around in my parts bin and see if i can find a trigger guard for you if you haven't already ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Not that I'm uninterested in what you have going on, or don't want to help you, but did you know there is a forum area here specifically for A2 clones?

Dedicated Forum For A2 Rifles
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not that I'm uninterested in what you have going on, or don't want to help you, but did you know there is a forum area here specifically for A2 clones?

Dedicated Forum For A2 Rifles
View Quote

Yes, SIr, I posted a pic of the completed rife over there! Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top