Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 12:47:48 AM EDT
Since i got into this late last year, I have built 4 weapons. 1st, an 18" Wilson Arms bull barrel Tack driver with Mega Lower and Night Vision scope. 2nd, a 10.5" 300 BO with a Diamondhead rail and comp, Vortex Sparc II red dot and magnifier. 3rd. WarSport LVOC with a salient BCG and Vortex Strike Eagel 1X6X24. 4th,  a side charging (Gibbz) Seekins SP223 300 BO with a Noveski 10.5 barrel and matched bolt in a JP Lomos carrier. 5th Currently working on a BAD LW build. So, last week, Joe Bobs had Anderson Lowers for 44.95 (or somethin like that) and I picked up 2. When they came in I noticed they were consecutive serial #'s. So, that gave me the idea that I might build a set. Matching pistol (or SBR) and a rifle built with matching specs. My 4th build will be losing it Fortis Night Rail (12") and KX5 when my Cyclone Suppressor comes in and I have the Seekins Rail for it. I also have (Picked up on a whim) a 14" Fortis night Rail. So, maybe matching uppers and BCG's, 13.7 Noveski Infidel and 12.5 Noveski 5.56 and have a matched set. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My 4.5" 9MM is arguably the most fun rifle I own now. Expensive to build, but a cheap to feed and a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]
bg:  I suggest you try an ultralight AR, either in .223 or in 6.8 SPC.  My latest build is a modern sporting rifle (i.e., designed for deer/pig hunting) chambered for the 6.8.  Using the lightest components such as a pencil barrel, Smoke Composites buttstock/buffer tube, Bravo Company KMR10 handguard, titanium carrier with adjustable gas, and a few other lightweight goodies, it turned out to be 4 lbs, 7 oz with iron sights and no magazine.  With a Leupold ultralight scope, a sling and a short mag with 3 rounds of Barnes 95 grainers, total weight is 5 lbs, 11 oz.  IMO, its an amazing piece, so light it feels like a toy, but chambered for a credible game-getting round. - CW

" />
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top