Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2015 9:21:07 PM EDT
Can I use two accu washers on my muzzle. I aligned the muzzle and I'm literally 1/32 or 2/32 under 16" if I can use two washers this would put me over the magic number 16". I'm going to be pinning and welding it anyway so it should stay put. My concern is the instructions say it's not recommended but the mechanic in me says it's not at all a problem. Also the other variable is that the muzzle is a saker mount so it needs to be perfect and straight so it won't strike any baffles on the silencer. I also have some peel washers as well that would also put me over the desired length.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#1]
No I would not.

I am surprised you are short a 1/32 to 1/16 inch. Unless the barrel was manufactured out of spec.

What barrel are you using?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I don’t think it would be a problem for a MB or FS, but suppressors tend to have very little margin for error.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The barrel is a 13.7" noveske infidel and the muzzle is the B.E meyers 249 saker it's close to 2.65" the threads on the barrel are .6". The math works out to 15.75" without spacer. With spacer I'm a hair short. The accuracy washer is measured to a tolerance of. 0001 according to the manufacture. I think everything would work out fine it's just not ideal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't do it, might as well just get a stamp for the lower.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Put a dowel rod down the bore with the muzzle device attached and 1 accuwasher (I would use the thickest one that gets the FH timed). Measure from the bolt face to the end of the FH with the rod. To my knowledge this is how barrel length is measured. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put a dowel rod down the bore with the muzzle device attached and 1 accuwasher (I would use the thickest one that gets the FH timed). Measure from the bolt face to the end of the FH with the rod. To my knowledge this is how barrel length is measured. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
View Quote

This is how barrel length is measured (from the bolt face). I'm also using the largest accurate washer that times the hider, it's the second largest washer in the pack. Once everything is snagged up the barrel is literally a hair short.

Does anyone know of a good thick washer that I could use and is suppressor compatible. This should be an easy issue to resolve I can't believe I haven't figured this out myself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#7]
You might contact ADCO or someone similar and see if they will suggest anything.
You could have a machine shop make a spacer for you.
You could replace the barrel.
You could paper the lower.
You could use two washers mount the suppressor and check it with an alignment gage.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the advice. I thought about papering it but then I'd want a shorter barrel :).

The instructions for the washers say it's not recommended to stack and it seems like it's there and stated to protect their ass incase I do and something is wrong. The kit is really made so washers are nit needed to be stacked for alignment.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I just put two on there after work to solve the issue. I then decided who cares if I am tired or preoccupied I want to get this done. So i pull out my drill an crappy bits, I am a mechanic and I get to work. My bits never freaking drill threw anything they are always messed up, I drilled right threw the freaking barrel. A practically new noveske infidel barrel is ruined. Oh man I am so mad at my own stupidity. I am not this dumb I was simply just not even paying attention or thinking. well thats just great. I have been having so many problems that I mostly caused myself lol. The more I learn the more I change this thing around and the more I change the more I seem to mess something up. Fix it till its broken right.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#12]
What does adco charge for that I haven't been able to find the price on the sight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm thinking this is what you need.

From ADCO's page/shop services/barrel threading.

AR15/AR10 Barrel Threading $65.00

This covers cutting/crowning as well as threading. This service is for any AR15/AR10 barrel once it has been removed from the receiver. AR barrels with the FSB in place are covered under this service/fee. These threads will be the perfect size and will be concentric to the bore. This service also covers stripped non tapered barrels of other varieties. If the barrel will not drop through a round hole, with a diameter slightly larger than that of the barrel, you need to select the non AR15 threading service. If sent as a complete upper, the Disassemble/Reassemble service is required as well. Gas port work is included when necessary.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top